Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello & a few questions

Maqmuk

Wanted to start taking better car of my vehicle and gamble a little so I purchased one mystery bucket, then another, and eventually filled a utility room with Adam’s products.

Want to make sure I’m using these the best I can so a couple questions:

1) Is it recommended to use the 15 mm polisher to apply waxes and sealants?

2) If I wanted to use the Adam’s pressure washer to draw water from a tank how would I go about that?

First off Welcome to Adam's Forums!

I cannot help with #2, but the answer to #1 is Yes! 

You do not have to use a machine to apply Paint Sealant, but it can allow you put down a thinner layer than applying by hand.  Many years ago this product was called Machine Super Sealant, and if you did not apply it thinly, it was difficult to remove.

As for applying waxes by machine, Butter Wax would be just like PS, but you would need a smaller diameter pad (and probably a smaller machine) to fit into the canisters of Americana or Patriot wax.  

Welcome to the forum Maceo.

For questions #2, it is all about gallons per minute (GPM) being sent to the pressure washer, not the pressure of the water reaching it.  The most common methods from a tank are to use gravity with an adequately sized pipe based on the height of the drop.  If you have the tank on level ground, then you would need a submersible pump or direct attachment pump that could push water at an appropriate GPM.

The Adam's pressure washer is a ~1.4 to ~1.7 GPM unit, so for a simple equation for the gravity method would be a 4 foot drop with a 1 inch inside diameter pipe which should provide a volume to sustain the input/output required by the pressure washer to maintain the top end of ~1.7 GPM.  There are many variables involved in the GPM calculation including the rise, pipe diameter, line length if you are using a gravitational method.  This is where a pump can eliminate the rise calculations by using a GPM and pressure method of the distance of the hose.  A submersible pump that can maintain ~1.7 GPM can be had for less than $100.  However, according to the talk you are using you may need to cut a bigger hole or use an external pump with will run $50 or so higher than a submersible.

There are multiple web sites available to calculate the GPM from tanks of various sizes, depths, heights and travel distances that can help you determine the optimal configuration for a gravity tank feeder system.   Tank feeder systems are often used for gardening, greenhouses and hydroponics

This is similar to the system that I will be putting in for the last tank and will be using a gravity feed.  My system will be three tanks linked together with a filter between each tank.  The ensure that all the impurities are filtered out prior to getting to the sprayer and pressure washer.

Cheap, Simple DIY Water Catchment and Irrigation - Resilience