Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to remove yellow road paint from tires & plastic

Kg14

Question

Hi,

so today yellow road paint was dumped in front of my truck and now I have yellow paint on my tire and spare tire under the truck (pickup truck). I used Adams buttery wax and removed most of everything from the body and plastic including my trailer hitch. I don’t have a clue how to remove from the plastic on my bumper and tires now.

it’s yellow speckles that sprayed up on my bumper and the yellow is deep in my tire treads and on the sidewall.

just thought I would ask does Adams have anything to help, I really don’t want to use paint thinner being it’s a 2021.

thank you🙂

3 answers to this question

I’m impressed butter wax removed most of it. The only 2 ways I know to remove paint is products like goof off, and isopropyl alcohol IPA
you could try some dawn or APC, but I don’t think it’s strong enough. 

Regular Goof off works well, but they also make a special automotive Goofoff that might work if it’s fresh. I haven’t tried their auto one. 

Edited by ResJudicata

21 hours ago, Kg14 said:

Hi,

so today yellow road paint was dumped in front of my truck and now I have yellow paint on my tire and spare tire under the truck (pickup truck). I used Adams buttery wax and removed most of everything from the body and plastic including my trailer hitch. I don’t have a clue how to remove from the plastic on my bumper and tires now.

it’s yellow speckles that sprayed up on my bumper and the yellow is deep in my tire treads and on the sidewall.

just thought I would ask does Adams have anything to help, I really don’t want to use paint thinner being it’s a 2021.

thank you🙂

There was a thread about this very topic and multiple suggestions were provided.