Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless Wash, Detail Spray, Spray Wax

JakeRogue

Question

I live in an apartment and don’t have access to a hose or water. Been running my car through touch and touchless washes the last couple of years (terrible I know), and am trying to do some more cleaning myself. 

I ordered 3 products, the waterless wash, the detail spray, and the spray wax. 

What are your recommendations on when and what situations to use which product?

4 answers to this question

Start with the rinseless and waterless wash. Then use some detail spray or cs3. 
I probably wouldn’t use any waxes, but that’s just me. Without a garage or car cover; I don’t think you’re going to get the best use of your time waxing versus washing more often. 
[example, it takes 1 hr to waterless wash; vs once 2 hrs to waterless plus detail spray plus wax. (You can wash it twice a week and probably be cleaner because it’s outside).]

Edited by ResJudicata

@JakeRogue First off, Welcome to Adam's Forums!

I am with @ResJudicata, try the Rinseless Wash next.  It is dilutable, and you can make up your own waterless wash, clay lube, or use it in a bucket for the wash.  It only take 3.5 gallons of water to do a rinseless wash, and can be done anywhere (I did my friends 1912 race in an airplane hanger, just before it was the center piece at a DuPont Registry event).

Fill one bucket with 2.5 gallons of water and add 1 ounce of Rinseless Wash (the wash bucket), and in a 2nd bucket place the Grit Guard and the remaining gallon of water (enough to just cover the Grit Guard) to use as your rinse bucket.  Now wash away!

Another way to do it is the 'bucket of towels' method.  Just use one bucket with 2.5 gallons of water + 1 ounce of Rinseless Wash, and place 6-8 plush MF towels.  Squeeze the towels so they are soaked with RW, fold the towel into 4's and wipe the car with a clean towel section.  Just be sure to only clean a small sections, then move to a clean section of the towel.

For both methods, after cleaning a panel or 2 (e.g. both doors on one side) wipe with a towel dampened in the RW wash bucket (squeeze it out so it is slightly damp) to remove excess solution, spritz with Detail Spray, and wipe dry with you favorite drying towel.

@JakeRogue Welcome to the Forum

If the vehicle is real dirty and you have a Pay & Spray nearby that is a good way to knock a lot of the dirt off.  When I lived in Falls Church, which was many years ago, there was a Pay & Spray with a heated bay that was perfect for the winter to get the salt off when it snowed.   I recommend only using the rinse at the Pay & Spray since you never know what they have for Soap.  After that follow the notes from @mc2hill provided and you'll be in great shape.  If the vehicle is not real dirty, just don't bother with the Pay & Spray.