Customer Service 866.965.0400

Orange Hex and Hand Polish?

Uncbrs

Question

I recently found out the CO Adam's location is about 15mins away from me. I have not used many Adam's products before but took a drive over. Nice spot there! 

I figured I would pick-up some of the hand polish and a flex pad to supplement my machine polishing on my own vehicle. I find a strong desire to pull out my DA each time I find imperfections on my daily driver. That said, I don't drive a lot but since buying the DA I've been tempted to pull it out for small "spot" corrections almost monthly. I'm looking for a way to avoid that and decided to grab Adam's hand polish with the orange hex pad. I know the blue pad combo is recommended but after figuring out the right DA combo that worked, I thought I might need something a little stronger to fix minor imperfections. For DA polishing I was using an orange CCS pad and medium level polish to actually achieve correction in the car's finish. 

For whatever reason my car seems to get those minor scratches pretty easily (from dust/pollen/dirt?) but they can be tough to polish out. I started with the black & white CCS pads and an AiO polish when I first got my DA but ultimately landed on orange and a medium cut polish to get my desired results. These are not swirls but light scratches visible in just the right lighting (the kind probably only super anal people worry about). 

Any thoughts on the hand polish and orange hex combo for between polishes?

**Edit - apologies, was not looking to name specific non-Adam's products but thought by providing the actual DA pad I use in machine polishing it would provide context. Thanks! 

Edited by Uncbrs

1 answer to this question

I am a fan of the Hex Applicators and even when I have the Swirl Killer out will still do certain items by hand.  The Hand Polish, previously Revive Hand Polish, and the blue hex applicator does an outstanding job on tail light lenses and marker lights.  It doesn't scratch them and takes off all the oxidation and leave them looking new.  If something needs a little more work, then the Orange Hex comes out and for the small scratches, the blue or orange hex with the Scratch and Swirl Remover gets used.  I always start with the least aggressive combination and got up from there.  

There are times were doing some items by hand provides that little bit of control or light touch that is difficult with a machine.