Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hi My name is Kevin. I'm addicted to Adam's.

KBird

Hello.  

Was looking into ceramic coatings last year.  Trying to understand the differences between all the different companies.  I really liked the Adam's videos with the how to.  When I found this forum, more of my questions were answered.  Thanks for those spending time on here to explain and answer question.

I have applied the graphene ceramic spray coating to 3 vehicles.  Lincoln, F150 and an Explorer.  The Explorer we have owned since new and is older.  Unfortunately, I didn't maintain it very well.  The videos and this forum gave me the courage to compound and polish it.  Wow, it turned out great.  Wish I had taken a before and after picture.

I do have some questions and wasn't sure to put them here or under the various headings.  The CSC has been on 2 of the vehicles for about a year.  It seems it has worn down on the bottom plastic panels.  Looking for some advise on prepping for another application.  Then I have a 69 camaro.  It's become more of a track car.  Does get out a little on the street. I would like to put something (americana, ceramic coating wax, ....?) on it.  Clayed and polished it.  Going to put PPF on the bottom portion of the car as the tires kick up a lot of stones etc.  Looking to put something on the paint until I have that done.

Thanks,

Kevin

lincoln.JPG

F150.JPG

Camaro side.JPG

Camaro ft fender.JPG

Welcome to the Forum Kevin.

Starting with the CSC on the F-150 and Lincoln.  Since they have been on there for a year, it is probably time to strip them, clay, polish and redo.  According to what supplies you have on hand, you should consider the Graphene Spray Coating.  However, there is nothing wrong with the CSC if you still have some on hand.  Using the baggie test will determine whether or not you need to clay and for the polishing, you always want to use the least aggressive option possible.

For the Canary, you can go with a coating, Americana or one of the ceramic waxes.  Americana does an outstanding job and if it is garage queen it will easily last 6 weeks or so.  When you want to take it out and really make it pop, you can go over it with Brilliant Glaze.  Just note that Brilliant Glaze only lasts a couple of days, but it sure will make it pop when used on top of Americana. 

The ceramic waxes will last longer than the Americana and for the extra pop you'd want to use Graphene Detail Spray or CS3.  Both are good choices and can be used for kicking the dust off or the bugs while you are out.   You can also use Americana or the Ceramic Wax on PPF without any problems.

Welcome to the forum.

I use to be a professional Detailer back in my College years. I got my son into detailing, cars etc and now it's one of his favorite hobbies. 

Adam's makes great products. None of them are less than any other brand I have ever tried. My Son and I for years and years where trying anything we could get our hand on. Basically always liked the Adams version more or at least equal to.

My Arsenal does have other brands in it but really it's until they are gone. New stuff we buy is only Adams unless we find something we want to try out. It's a problem when you go get into the as a hobby , so many things to try out.

Sticking with just Adam's products you simply can't go wrong. We are converting over to Graphene slowly as out stock runs low.

So cleaning the plastic trim or any rubber trim I like to use All Purpose cleaner cut 3 to 4 to one. I don't like to use it straight it's to strong. You can dilute it more if needed.

CS3 is currently my favorite Adam's product. I'm just about out of it and I'm gonna try a bottle of the Graphene CS3.

For the Camaro, a nice paste wax is really all you need or even any spray wax. It's probably a garage queen like my Charger is and when it doesn't see weather, the coatings last basically forever, even just a paste wax. Don't go over board there. The Film is a good idea, I use Painters tape at the track to product the bottom of the back where rubber gets all over everything after the burn out box.

5B241373-E6FC-4A37-A34E-E1D100D5EC71.jpeg

Thanks Ray and Daniel for the information.

Can the black trim restorer be used under the graphene ceramic spray coating?  On the Explorer it has black plastic trim along the bottom and around the wheel wells.  It's not a bright and have recently been putting VRT on it.  That's why I believe the coating is going.  At least on those parts.  I will try the baggie test.  I believe when I put the graphene ceramic spray coating on the plastic.  It did rejuvenate it.  I can't recall. (watched the engine bay detail video.  looks like it does bring back the color and shine)

Welcome Kevin!  Love you cars, especially the Camaro - great stance on that one.  If you are just looking for 'beauty' products for that one, try Brilliant Glaze, topped with Americana.  This is what I use the garage queens I detail and it gives a great shine.

Welcome, Kevin! Some great inputs above, and keep the questions coming - I do recommend you start splitting them into the individual forums now, though, so they can be seen and addressed.

18 hours ago, KBird said:

Can the black trim restorer be used under the graphene ceramic spray coating?

Yes, it can.