Customer Service 866.965.0400

Plush towel & microfiber towel - pre-soak?

KBird

Question

I appear to have some contamination on my plush towels.  While drying the car with graphene detail spray, I noticed fibers being left behind.  I haven't not been pre-soaking and usually wash the plush towels a couple days after use.  They might have been washed with microfiber towels, also.  Lately they have been washed with no scent liquid detergent.  I had been putting in some towel & pad revitalizer in the wash in the past but ran out.  (revitalizer arriving today) I use either graphene DS or boost as a drying aid.  I have read the article on towel cleaning and watched the video.  Also, read through some of the topics.  Have a couple questions.

Can I pre-soak the plush and microfiber towels together?

From some of the other topics, people leave the towels in for 12-24 hours and others for days/weeks?

When should I change out the pre-soak solution?

Any other recommendations for the plush towels?

Thanks 

Kevin

1 answer to this question

I would not soak towels together if the plush ones are used with the ceramic products, as that product can get transferred into other towels.  And vise-versa, you would not want interior products like the conditioners getting into your paint towels

I separate towels into different loads by what they are used for.  Plush towels used on paint in one load, drying towels, interior cleaning and conditioning towels in another load, glass towels in separate load to avoid cross-contamination that can lead to streaks on glass, and wheel towels in a load by themselves since they will be dirtier and can have embedded brake dust that I do not want getting into any plush towels used on paint.

To avoid having too small of loads, I will hand rinse towels after use, and then hang to dry. Once dry, I put them in lidded totes until there is enough for a load.

You can store the used towels until you have enough for a load, just as long as you hang them to dry first before storing them.  Use a tote with a lid, and not an open laundry basket, to keep them from getting contaminated if stored in the garage.

The only exception to this method is towels used for ceramics products or H2) Guard and Gloss.  The towels used with ceramic products should be habd-washed with Revitalizer to keep the ceramic from fully curing into the fibers of the towel. HGG should also be hand-washed right away with Revitalizer since this product is water-activated, it is importation to get the product cleaned out of the towels immediately after you are done.  Do not let the product sit in the towels and cure.

My process is to rinse them out in the sink really good with warm water, to get most of the ceramic or HGG out, then spray all sides of the towel with full-strength Revitalizer, and really work the towel in your hands to get the detergent into the fibers.  Then I rinse them out, and repeat with the Revitalizer.  Hang to dry in a safe place, and once dry, I store them in a sealed tote until I get enough for a load in the washing machine.

Detailing towels should always be washed with Revitalizer.  Regular laundry detergent is not strong enough to remove many of the products used. Run the washing machine on hot water, with an extra rinse.