Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buffing Scratches after ceramic coating

Brewder

Question

Hello Forum,

In October of 2020, I ceramic coated my car with Adam's Graphene coating product.... Fast forward to almost exactly 1 year later, and there was a car accident that happened in front of me and one of the cars was pushed into my front bumper at a fairly low speed.

I have a slightly unique car, and it could take a year to source a new replacement bumper.. It's been 2 months and there's no ETA in a replacement bumper...  I'm considering trying to buff out the majority of the scratches myself to avoid a "ding" on future resale value.  I can see someone reading "front impact collision" on a car fax report and thinking it was much more severe that it was.

Anyway, since the car is coated, what's a recommended approach to try and get these scratches looking as best as I can?  It's tough to determine from the pictures, and in person, if the scratches go through the paint and into the plastic/fiberglass itself.

At this point, I'm just curious for ideas/suggestions.

//Brew

Bumper.jpg

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Brewder said:

I would definitely re-do the entire bumper.. What would you, or anyone, suggest about about the specific polishing compounds to use?  I don't know which components to start with..

Hi Troy,  Always start the least aggressive method.  You can go to something more aggressive if you need it, but the least aggressive for the first pass will let you know what will take it off.   When I am not sure what to start with, I have found that One Step Polish is a good middle ground for an initial pass.