Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pro Pressure Washer with Generator

falcaineer

Question

Anyone know what size generator I'll need to run the Pro Pressure Washer? I'm considering a generator for mobile business so want to make sure I get one that works well.

I'd also take recommendations for generators you use.

Thanks, all!

13 answers to this question

20 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Anyone know what size generator I'll need to run the Pro Pressure Washer? I'm considering a generator for mobile business so want to make sure I get one that works well.

I'd also take recommendations for generators you use.

Thanks, all!

Hi Chris,

It comes down to the watts that you will need for the largest item that you are going to run.   I've found that the vacuum takes more than the pressure washer, but neither of mine pull over 1500 watts, so I'm good with a 2000 watt generator.  Check the specifications on what you plan on running, pick the maximum item and go 500 watts above that.  I'd be surprised if a 2000 watt portable Honda wouldn't be enough, unless you are going to run an Air Cannon which according to what is online is 2500 watts itself.

I like the Honda for being light weight, fuel efficient and quiet.  They are not the cheapest out there, but tend to live forever with standard maintenance.

Thanks Ray. I wasn't thinking about the Air Cannon, that's also a good point.

I'm having difficulty figuring out the wattage requirements for some of the tools, unless I'm missing something? Hopefully some others on here have run a generator with these types of tools.

Hi Chris,

According to manuals that came with the SK mini and SK 15, they are 500 watt with a maximum of 750

My two pressure washers, one is 1,400 and the other is 1,600

My 2.5 gallon shop vac is 1,400, the 1 gallon is 700

The Pro Series pressure washer on the Adam's site is 1,800 according to the specs online:

800 PSI, 120V/60Hz -15 Amp, 1800 Watts Power Supply, and over 2 GPM

The standard pressure washer according to a 3rd party site is 1,600, but the information is supposed to be in your manual as part of the safety instructions, which is where you can find the info for nearly all electronics.  I will recommend looking in the manuals for all the equipment to be sure that the one you have is correct for the version you own.

Thanks, Ray. I have both the Adam's Pro and 2.0, but was struggling to find or make sure the information on the website or manuals was fully accurate - I know the Pro, for example, said 1800W power supply but didn't know if that's what it ran at, etc. 

3 hours ago, Andrii said:

Hi Chris

I'm using Westinghouse iGen 2500/2.200-Watt Super Quiet Gas Powered Inverter Generator with my Adam's Pro-Series Pressure Washer and it works fine.

Thank you!

I can advise duel fuel generator, e.g. Champion, it's very powerful. The frequency is a solid 60Hz. For European users, I looked but am unable to find where the frequency can be changed to 50Hz. The voltage sits at 122VAC with no load, and reduces to around 119VAC with decent loads (2x 10-12A power tools). The engine does not appear to strain to support that load. 

Edited by Phil0110

1 hour ago, Norton said:

If your individual tools don't list power requirements in their specifications, I suggest using something like a P3 P4400 Kill A Watt Electricity Usage Monitor to measure actual power consumption in typical use cases.

Thanks, Steve! Have one I can swing by and borrow? 😁