Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating Advanced without Paint correction

ttf5003

Question

Hi,

I've been using Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax for a few years and am looking to switch to Adam's products. I'd like to try the advanced ceramic spray coating as it's on sale this weekend but most forum posts insist you need to do a paint correction first. I've never done one and am not afraid to try but I won't have a full weekend day to devote to this for at least the next three months. My vehicles are a 2012 F150 and a 2014 Fusion that have been stored outside since we bought them new. I realize I'd be locking in swirls and things but I don't need perfect paint, I just need bird dirt and other dirt to come off easier when I wash. I would like to know if my prep below would allow a good bonding surface or if it's not worth doing.

Strip Wash

Iron Remover

Traditional Clay Bar

Surface Preparation

Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating Advanced

I think I could get that completed on a long weekend. Will I see good results or should I wait until the end of the summer when I can commit to a correction and polish?

Thanks,

Travis

4 answers to this question

Agreed you will not get the "best" results, true shine comes from proper paint correction, the rest is enhancement and protection. But you will get excellent results with that process and so long as you're ok with swirls and defects locked in, you will still have the extended protection and some great shine.

As far as time goes, I'd be surprised if you didn't finish both cars in the same day. Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating (Advanced) is so easy to use it feels like cheating. Higher heat and humidity will mean it'll flash quicker, lower temps and lower humidity will take longer, so you'll likely be able to coat at least two panels at the same time, allow to flash accordingly, remove, then move onto the next section(s). 

Let us know if you have any questions along the way!