Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bird Droppings.

Mantis

Question

Hello,

I saw a few things Adam's at AutoZone. One was the brand new Adam's Polishes Graphene liquid wax. I don't see it on the Adam's website so I assume Autozone got a product to their own?

Anyway I picked it up and was wondering if it's a good protection layer to protect against Bird Droppings? I applied a layer this weekend and then topped it with Graphene Detail spray.

So I'm wondering if Carnuba based products are better at bird droppings or do these newer Graphene products do a better job? I don't think Ceramic spray coatings did the job. Even full blown ceramic coatings didn't seem to protect against bird droppings, does anything one can do shy of having to install a clear film or wrap?

Thanks guys,

Dan

3 answers to this question

Hi Dan,

I have yet to find anything that will prevent the uric acid in bird droppings from etching and it's not just vehicle paint that is affected.  I have found that the ceramic coatings provide a longer period to get the droppings washed off before it causes the etching.  I'll also note the original Adam's ceramic paste wax also provided a longer period before etching would occur.  I try to never let the bird droppings stay on the vehicle for more than a day and that it what I believe its the best way to prevent the etching.

What sucks is that I can get Bird Droppings on my car at work, I don't always take my car home at night and I drive home from my job without seeing my car. This can be 24 hours before I get to it. I carry Waterless wash and Micro Fiber towels in my trunk so IF I catch it, I can get it off but I had some on my mirror and it etched. I'm a bit pissed about it as I have used Ceramic Spray coating and use Spray toppers once a week. My car beads like mad which also kinda sucks as if it rains on my car, I get mad water spots. I kinda hate the fact that it needs. I really wish it would sheet water off instead of beading. Beading looks cool but when water dries on it, it leaves water marks.