Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene Advanced Spray - Sticky Sticky

OoltewahMX5

Question

Hello all, I prepped my new MX-5 with a coating of iron remover, a wash, a clay bar, polishing, and then a wipe down with alcohol / water. When I apply the Graphene spray I can see it flash in a minute or so but no matter how long I let it sit, the stuff is tacky and pulls a LOT of fibers out of my microfiber towels. It creates a bit of a mess and I end up having to rub the paint with a damp cloth to get it out. Any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

The surface should be tacky before removing it. High temps and high humidity, it will happen a lot faster. There is usually a pretty steep drop off between when it's slick and when it's tacky so you will need to check often.

What type of microfiber towel are you using?  Are you spraying the graphene advanced spray coating directly onto the vehicle or with an applicator?  When I sprayed directly onto the car it is very sticky too... just work it in let it flash and remove with a clean microfiber towel - the borderless grey microfiber towels from Adam's work the best!

11 hours ago, jeverton said:

What type of microfiber towel are you using?  Are you spraying the graphene advanced spray coating directly onto the vehicle or with an applicator?  When I sprayed directly onto the car it is very sticky too... just work it in let it flash and remove with a clean microfiber towel - the borderless grey microfiber towels from Adam's work the best!

I would not recommend spraying directly onto the car, and instead spray into the applicator. You'll avoid overspray, get a much more even application, and I think get all around better results. Agreed the Borderless Grey works really well.