Customer Service 866.965.0400

We gotta talk about bird droppings

Mantis

Question

Over the years yes this has been an issue but it seems this years it's way more than usual. I don't get it. I see so many cars on the road with bird droppings running down the doors and all over the cars.

For me I go to work on Monday and leave my car in the parking lot until Thursday. I carry Waterless wash and a bunch of micro fiber towels in the trunk as I know I'm gonna get dropped on constantly. 

So I check my car each day to see if there is any droppings , and there is always some. I clean it off with Waterless wash and sometimes I get lucky , no marks but other times I get marks left behind.

I'm also getting water marks on the top surfaces. 

My car is coated in Adams' Polishes Graphene Wax, the new Stuff at Autozone I picked up a few weeks ago , and on Thursday or Friday I wash the car with Car Shampoo and then use Graphene Detail spray as a topper. I have also put on top a layer of CS3 regular to try to build a few layers to protect from this issue.

I know I asked before but what really protects against this? 

4 answers to this question

Bird droppings are corrosive. Your best protection available from Adam's would be the Graphene Ceramic Coating Advanced. The Graphene Liquid Wax is not nearly as durable or protective. Can the coating still stain? Yes, but it should not happen as easily assuming the coating was installed properly.

Thanks for that.

So detailing has been around for decades, over the years what have detailers used before ceramic's to guard against bird droppings with success? There is gotta be something else that can protect our finishes. And water marks? I don't ever recall so many water marks on our cars in the past like they are today with the ceramic products.

It seems there's gotta be something that was figured out as these are common issues for decades.

While not nearly as widespread as they are now, obviously, ceramic coatings have been around for 20+ years. But stepping down from ceramics, sealants would be a good option. 

I may not understand your question, though. What really are you asking?

On 5/22/2022 at 1:32 PM, falcaineer said:

While not nearly as widespread as they are now, obviously, ceramic coatings have been around for 20+ years. But stepping down from ceramics, sealants would be a good option. 

I may not understand your question, though. What really are you asking?

How to protect your vehicle from Water spots and bird droppings. I find what I'm doing now isn't protecting as well as I would like.