Customer Service 866.965.0400

Claying a Graphene Coated Vehicle

Trap

Question

I am a little confused about claying a Graphene Coated vehicle,. I like the idea of it, just always heard that it was not good for the Coating. 

I watched this Adam's video and they day all is good. 

https://www.amazon.ca/WeatherTech-PetRamp-High-Traction-Foldable-Ramp/dp/B07JLRF5ZW?th=1

I would definitely only clay after using the foam cannon to apply that thick layer of soap as a lubricant.

Sounds like I should have no problem, but want to see what other think.

3 answers to this question

Hi Al,

I have partially clayed a coated vehicle a couple of times.  In both cases it was for doing an area, not the whole vehicle, and I used the Fine Grade Clay.  For the lube, I used CS3 and it seemed to work without any problems at all.   Once was on a vehicle with some tree sap and other had some black specs on the hood and fender that came right off with clay, but didn't come off during a regular wash.

Other than those two times, I have not found a reason to use clay on a coated vehicle - at least not yet.

Just like on a non-coated car you could always try the baggie test. If needed, usually the Fine Grade is usually sufficient for coated cars and is what I'd recommend. Use a lot of lubricant like Graphene Detail Spray and you should be good.