Customer Service 866.965.0400

blue compound balling up

Fit08

Question

Tried the blue foam pad and compound and used four pea size drop, two detail spray shots and area of 3 by 3. Went ok. 

Next area, two shots of detail spray and one pea size drop. Gumming up, balls being spit out onto paint as I worked it.

In Garage, temp 70/72, humidity unknown.

Initial thought, too much product but I then tried with hits of detail spray reactivating polish in pad and same deal.

Car was washed, decon, clayed all the usual items.

4 answers to this question

I don't have an explanation for you, but a friend and I spent last Saturday washing, dressing, claying, polishing, and coating his '07 GT500.  He's the second owner and I don't think the car had this done previously, so we went with Compound and Microfiber Pads.  No balling-up at all, but we did note a bit of elbow grease required to wipe polishing residue off.  Didn't help that his car is white, so it hid a lot until/unless looking at just the right angles.  While the Compound did a good job correcting, I did not like how (reltively) difficult residue removal was. 

I hear you on the white as the car I was on was white. I didn't use the compound long enough to notice residue issue at this time. Removal of residue in the area I did do seemed normal.

What level of correction were you guys after, enhancement or little more, but not perfection as DD?

Yes white is a treat eh, but also nice as it can hide more to a degree verse dark colors I feel.

20 hours ago, Fit08 said:

I hear you on the white as the car I was on was white. I didn't use the compound long enough to notice residue issue at this time. Removal of residue in the area I did do seemed normal.

What level of correction were you guys after, enhancement or little more, but not perfection as DD?

Yes white is a treat eh, but also nice as it can hide more to a degree verse dark colors I feel.

You nailed it - he was looking for enhancement or little more, but not perfection.  

Comletely agree regarding light vs dark colors.

Just had a thought, while I don't think it holds water here it goes.

This particular car even after a good clay ( another post , stubborn contaminates) had mega bumps under the baggie test, but yet some to hand touch and also while claying very smooth with no sighs or sounds of contaminates present. So was wondering if that would cause "balling/gummy" polish being spit out.

Here is were it falls apart, FP and AIO polishes did not do this...