Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene Advanced Spray Coating Application

TR6speed

Ok, so the past few days I have been getting the car prepped to apply the Graphene Advanced Spray Coating.  The prep as you all know is the hardest part and that is why the professional detailers charge so much.  First let me say my car is not a daily driver and is garage kept and most of the time it is covered, so the finish on my car was not in bad shape only a few spots that took a little time to correct.  I started with the One Step Polish and pad and worked on the areas that needed the most work.  From there I switched to the white pad and the standard polish to finish the correction and prep.  Today I went and used the Surface Prep.  For some reason I had a lot of trouble with any of the different towels that I tried leaving lint and towel fibers plus what looked like polish residue.  I finally went with the blue waterless drying towels and that did the trick.

While this is the first time to use the Graphene product, I had previously used the UV Ceramic spray.  I did find that I had an issue with the double soft towers again when I went to remove the coating that they wanted to leave a lot of lint/fibers where the coating ended, and the non-coated surface was.  I decided that it was the towels and not the product because after trying a few different towels I no longer had that issue.  So those towels will only be used for dirty work and will no longer be used on the paint.

The application was straight forward however I live in Florida so the temp is high as well as the humidity, so I started by only doing a small area at first fearing it would flash before I ever got a larger area completed.    Once I decided that I had the time to say do a complete fender it went a lot faster.  One thing I did learn was don't keep spraying the applicator pad for every panel.  They get overloaded and will lay down too much product and that adds to the flash time and the ease of removal. 

I have to admit the finish on the car is like a mirror now.  

Hood Pass.jpg

Rear Quarter Driver.jpg

Rear Side Drivers.jpg

Roof.jpg

I did find that I had an issue with the double soft towers again when I went to remove the coating that they wanted to leave a lot of lint/fibers where the coating ended, and the non-coated surface was. 

Im finding a towel with a gram weight of 300-400 low nap is great for removal and even buffing afterwards.

One thing I did learn was don't keep spraying the applicator pad for every panel.  They get overloaded and will lay down too much product and that adds to the flash time and the ease of removal. 

Going to try this with the 60ml bottle, as I found trying to establish a removal time with this product is much harder then spray.