Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam gun... which one how are they different

imjustdave

Question

So...  I'm a newbi  seen a few foam guns - cannons and they seem cool but start looking and it seems the options are endless is there really a difference between all of them.   I have a pressure washer so could use either style.

thx

Dave

2 answers to this question

First off, welcome! Second, I believe that foam guns and foam canons are a bit of a gimmick. Yeah, you will see some dirt removed with foam but I think its more for fun and a little showy and an attention getter. This might be an unpopular opinion, LOL!

I have both a foam gun and a foam cannon. I mainly use the foam cannon with my pressure washer, but on occasion I don't feel like dragging the pressure washer out I will use the foam gun. The foam gun will not produce the same kind of foam you get from a cannon, but it will get the job done.

Now, IMHO a foam cannon is a foam cannon is a foam cannon. Whether you buy an expensive one or a cheap amazon knockoff they will all do the same thing. But some will perform better or longer than others.

Welcome to the Forum Dave.

I have a Foam Cannon, Foam Gun and pump up sprayer.  For the dirty vehicles or when I know that I'm going to be doing multiple vehicles in a day, I pull out the pressure washer and use the Foam Cannon.   I have found that with the Foam Cannon on hot and sunny days, the Foam Cannon provides plenty of foam to prevent drying before you get to it with your hand.

The Foam Gun is for used when I have one vehicle, it is cooler and overcast and the vehicle is just getting a maintenance wash.  It is easy to get out and clean up afterwards.

The pump up sprayer is used for Tire and Rubber cleaner for the tires and wheels or if I need to do parts of the engine bay or underside.  The small wand lets you get into places that the Cannon and Gun are a bit of a challenge for.  

The product you are using also makes a difference, in my opinion.  When doing a Strip Wash, I like to make sure the foam gets on the vehicle and can dwell for a bit, so I prefer the Foam Cannon.  Regular and Ultra Shampoo work well with the Foam Gun, Mega Foam really coats a vehicle with the Foam Cannon and Graphene Shampoo works equally well with both.

Wash and Wax is a different beast and I'm found the Gun works best by doing a couple panels at a time or in the case of Motorhome or Travel Trailer doing a section at a time.