Customer Service 866.965.0400

Compound and polishing question. User error?

Loneranger

Question

So today i was polishing my truck. 21 ford ranger black shadow. Well I started working on my door and I noticed when I was done and wiped away the compound it was full of hazy, swirly type marks all over it. I was using the adams blue compound and blue pad with swirl killer. Maybe speed was at 4 or 5. Then I went to the polish at speed 5 and had to work the hell out of it for awhile to get it looking good. Is this a result of user error? May pass are very well cleaned so I don’t know. Also one last question. I notice doing my upper front bumper and grooves/indents on doors the polisher seems like it doesn’t want to spin. Any technique for that? Thanks in advance…

3 answers to this question

If your paint is on the soft side the Blue Compound & Blue pad will leave haze. Next time start with White polish & pad and see what that does. 
This is why you always want to do a test spot. 
With experience you can mix pads & products to achieve better results with less work.

8 hours ago, Loneranger said:

Really? Like using the compound on white pad, etc? I know the hand polish and hand scratch and swirl remover do Jack by hand 

In theory, yes. Something like Polish on a red pad to finish B pillars, or using both Polish and Compound on a blue foam pad for a "one step" process. Ultimately, it really depends on the car.

Hand Polish is more of a chemical cleaner. Scratch and Swirl Remover with the orange Hex Grip will work, but if the paint is on the harder side it could take some effort.