Customer Service 866.965.0400

How much is enough

Dan-GL1800

After completing all the prep and applying Adams Graphene Ceramic coating I inspected using the UV light and found the coverage to be complete but not uniform (patchy).  I may not have kept the application pad wet enough or leveled the surface too quickly. (It was difficult to tell when flashing was complete on my Ardent red finish.)   Should I re-apply, keeping the surface very wet?

Photos-001 (1).zip

I used the applicators that came with the kit and also had horrible streaking on my black paint. I couldn’t see the streaks all the time but when my wife asked me about them I knew they were too much. I polished them off and this time when I re-applied the coating as I had quite a bit left I used a different, better, applicator. No streaks and nice even coverage. My streaks and uneven coverage were able to be seen as actual streaks on the paint not just with the UV light.

Can't see your photos and I am not downloading a zip.  But if you can only see the applicator marks using the UV then that is a non-issue.  It will go away as the coating cures.  Now if you are seeing streaking aka high spots without the light then those need to be addressed.  

First, welcome!

As long as the coating is applied on all areas, some uneveness is OK. Re-applyling won't make much difference, layering ceramic coatings doesn't result in 2x+ protection and it will likely reject itself at this point anyway. Just maintain regularly with something in the Graphene lineup and you'll be fine.