Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just bought a brand new Black Challenger and have some paint issues.

22Black_Cat

Question

How are you guys doing?  I bought a new Black Challenger and the dealership sprayed (I think sprayed) that Nanoxide paint protection coating on my car without even asking me first.  I raised hell about it. That’s a separate long story.  All they “noticed” was that messy area on the trunk. And wanted to send me to a body shop for an estimate.  “If approved, it could take 90 days”. (I assume to get payment for the body shop).   I didn’t want their “ceramic” coating.  I was gonna take it to a professional detailer to have them put ceramic coating on my car.  I have a few of these orbital imprints on my new black paint.  (But of course the dealership wouldn’t accept my pics and didn’t notice those when I brought the car back.  They  Look exactly  like a cloudy orbital pad imprint and a messy area on the trunk lid.  Did the factory cause those?  I heard they have guys buff out imperfections off the paint on the cars as they go down the assembly line.  Or did the dealership cause those cloudy areas as they were prepping, washing and putting that paint protection on it.  The salesman said the paint protection  has Nanoxide in it.   

465E8C2E-0D6A-4C03-806F-6C31EB59D5A8.jpeg

761E796D-158E-4580-ACF6-CE9F869DBA00.jpeg

E367CD41-D3A9-4FBC-85B2-1C3976F2BA5B.png

1 answer to this question

Difficult to say when those were "installed" by the dealer or manufacturer, though I have a hard time thinking it would be the latter. I guess stranger things have happened. That said, you can get them out with a machine polisher and Compound and/or Polish.