Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene Spray Coating Issue

TR6speed

Question

I just sold my 2007 Monterey Red Metallic that the paint simply jumped off the car.  I have been and Adams user since he was just really getting started and I have watch (and bought) every new product and been happy with them.  I had a Torch Red 2001 and then the 2007 both for a combined total of 17 years.  I now have a 2015 Velocity Yellow.  I picked up the car last week and did the complete detail to get it ready for a coat of the graphene spray coating.

I went out a little while ago and wiped down the top of the fenders and hood to see how the graphene was going to take to the finish.  I applied it just to the top of one fender and it is impossible to see it going on and to see if it is rainbowing as it did on the dark red 2007.after I removed the coating with the buffing towel, I backed it out in the direct sunlight and it look streaky I also applied a coat of the Americana on the opposite fender and it was smooth and do sighs of streaking.  Is the Graphene simply a hard item to see on a white or yellow car?

2 answers to this question

Yes, the rainbow can be harder to see on some colors than others. You can also go by feel, when a plush towel that you drag lightly over the surface using the side of your hand as some pressure and it's tacky, that's when it's time to remove. Could be a few minutes or more with the spray coating.