Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirl killer 15mm vs 15mm pro

-=Jeff=-

Question

So I have been using Adam's Products for 15-20 years. I am finally wanting to upgrade my orbital polisher. It is a Dewalt unit someone

recommended over the PC years ago. I am looking at the 15mm or 15mm pro. Any suggestions on which unit will suit my purpose? I use the polisher a couple times a year.

6 answers to this question

I started with a Porter Cable years ago, then upgraded to the (black/original) SK15. Big difference and glad I did. Then, when the SK Pro versions came out I upgraded to them and, frankly, haven't looked back. So much quieter, smoother, less vibration, more power, etc. Don't just take my word for it, though, here's a video from Adam to help guide you, too.

1 hour ago, -=Jeff=- said:

Thanks for the input. One question, it says you can get an optional 6" backing plate. I have 6" (or 6.5") pads what is the correct larger backing plate to buy for use with the larger pads?

Yes, you can. Here's the plate.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-15mm-backing-plate-for-adam-s-swirl-killer?variant=29267633143905

Hi Jeff,

I do hope that you find the Swirl Killer as much of an upgrade as I did when my very old polisher died a couple of years ago and I purchased the 15mm and shortly thereafter the 12mm.  I never had any complaints about my old polisher, but that was only because I didn't know what I was missing compared to the Swirl Killer.

The speed in which I could do a vehicle was cut by about 15% just because I didn't have to stop as often due to the heat on the old polisher.  The other thing that I noticed was that my arms didn't feel like jelly after a couple hours of use with the old one.

Best of luck with the new toy and the 30% off is an excellent deal also.

Thanks,

My corvette is looking a bit ready for some paint correction, it really needs a repaint, but I don't have the $$$ for that at the moment so paint correction will be a good learning experience.. I have 4 cars in the fleet, White van, Black Vette, Dark blue Cruze (son's) and red Charger. so I have a good range of color..