Customer Service 866.965.0400

GrapheneCS3/Original CS3

TR6speed

Question

I sold my Monterey Red 2007 Corvette about 5-6 weeks back.  I now have a Velocity Yellow 2015 Corvette.  After I finished getting it ready for Graphene Spray Ceramic coating, I found that on light colors such as mine it is almost if not completely impossible to see it Rainbow, so I buffed out the small area I did and went back to my old tried and true method of A coat of Glaze followed by Adams Patriot wax.  Since than I have been using detail spray.  My question is I know that Graphene Spray Ceramic and Patriot wax do nor play well together, so what about the Graphene Detail Spray or the Graphene CS3 or even the original CS3 instead of the detail spray.  It just so happens I have almost a full gallon of the Graphene CS3 and few bottles of original CS3.

3 answers to this question

Hi Jack,

While I have not tried the Original CS3 on Patriots yet, I have used it many times on Americana and it is excellent.  The nice thing about CS3 is that it pretty much replaces Waterless Wash and Detail spray which results in one less bottle to carry on road trips.   The one thing that I have found is that a little is all you need, if you put on too much it makes it harder to clean off and get streak free.

I will recommend doing a test spot to see how it affects Patriots and to see how it looks on your car.

Patriot Wax actually has some silica so using it with CS3 or Graphene CS3 isn't as far off a combo as you'd think. Try them, it won't hurt.

For the Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating and the rainbow, it's actually better to go by feel than look. After applying, very lightly drag a towel across a small area using just the weight of your hand. If it's slick, it's too soon. Once the surface becomes tacky and the towel catches and drags, instead of sliding easily, then it's time to remove the coating. When temperatures and humidity are lower, it will be a longer work time.

7 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Patriot Wax actually has some silica so using it with CS3 or Graphene CS3 isn't as far off a combo as you'd think. Try them, it won't hurt.

For the Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating and the rainbow, it's actually better to go by feel than look. After applying, very lightly drag a towel across a small area using just the weight of your hand. If it's slick, it's too soon. Once the surface becomes tacky and the towel catches and drags, instead of sliding easily, then it's time to remove the coating. When temperatures and humidity are lower, it will be a longer work time.

Thanks to both you and Ray.  As far as low humidity and temperature that does not happen on the west coast of Florida to often maybe in January or February.  Not sure if I will try the Ceramic again or not.  The car is garage kept and seeing I am retired it is not a daily driver, so it is not subjected to the elements much.  The shine with that glaze followed by the Patriot is very good.