Customer Service 866.965.0400

Vehicles Dave’s doing

Bigdave_185

I figure I’ll start a location where I can post things In working on or vehicles I have polished. I’ll update as time allows. Feedback is welcome, ideas and questions welcome on my thread. Feel free to add as you wish. 

if I put this in the wrong area for the desired format for the forum please feel free to move to correct location 

Edited by Bigdave_185

From the factory I had some suction cup marks on the clear from it still being soft when assembled.  I tried my best to get photos but wasn’t able to correct the lighting to show it. 
I had some blemishes on the hood, and bumper from what ever the hell causes it from finish paint to dealership. 
I do have photos of the bumper 

4CFDCEF5-98AE-4CC6-A973-2AA44A38E454.jpeg

9ABA3ABD-21C0-4021-866B-A4319296C198.jpeg

I used a well used 3m 3000g pad on the orbital to cut the scratches down to then polish back up. Quick two step polish after.  I don’t know about you guys but I love one product in particular from Adams and it’s their red microfiber pad. Couple that with the the single step polish (used as only a cutting compound) then I use two other products to polish the clear up from there. But boy does that product work and limit the possibility of missing an overlap from a strictly aggressive cutting compound.  If you use a strict cutting compound you should almost always do the whole panel to avoid missing a spot that will show the swirls. So I use the single step for touchups for this reason. 
I didn’t get an after photo of the bumper but the PPF applied perfect and shows zero marks from the factory donated scratch 

The after shots of this blue are fantastic 

Just look at that blue pop in the sun!! Hard to beat that!! Then I had a whole hood, front fenders, bumper and rear fenders covered in Xpel PPF by a local guy I work with.  Should help keeping the tow pig looking good for years to come 

thanks for looking 

FCA2C45B-DD0C-4AC9-B92F-7B0A11397B8D.jpeg

2B04BD23-F7AF-4A4F-984B-8EF106543A40.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any good thoughts on the foam cannon for the garden hose? Pulling the pressure washer out to wash is getting to be a pain and the garden hose spray foam cannon is looking good. 

the Adams cannon a good option? 

also anyone here using the Rupes gear drive DA? 

Hi Dave,
I use the Adam's Foam Gun at least half the time when I am washing vehicles.  It works very well, but does not give near the foam that the Foam Cannon and pressure washer does.  The benefit is that it is quick to grab, setup and put away.  If your vehicle is coated and you are using the Graphene Shampoo, it works very well, but you will notice that the shampoo tends to run off more than the Regular or Ultra shampoo on a non-coated vehicle.  This is the result of the coating, yet it cleans just as easily.