Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing tail lights

Steveinnorthglenn

Question

I’m working on my BMW- and I’ve polished the heck out of everything. It’s shining like new, but I’m struggling with the tail lights. 

I am using Novus plastic polish, my SK Micro, and a white polishing pad. Polished like 4x and still have noticeable spider webs. 

Adam’s compound and polish did a miracle job on the piano black plastic trim (windows and b-pillars) so I’m considering using these products on the tail light lenses. 

I’m hesitant because the dang tail lights are expensive it I botch them. 

Should I use Adam’s  compound and polish on the tail lights?

79E2F8DE-2968-4EFF-9984-FA742FA45D62.jpeg

Edited by Steveinnorthglenn

5 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Steveinnorthglenn said:

I’m working on my BMW- and I’ve polished the heck out of everything. It’s shining like new, but I’m struggling with the tail lights. 

I am using Novus plastic polish, my SK Micro, and a white polishing pad. Polished like 4x and still have noticeable spider webs. 

Adam’s compound and polish did a miracle job on the piano black plastic trim (windows and b-pillars) so I’m considering using these products on the tail light lenses. 

I’m hesitant because the dang tail lights are expensive it I botch them. 

Should I use Adam’s  compound and polish on the tail lights?

79E2F8DE-2968-4EFF-9984-FA742FA45D62.jpeg

Yes.  I polish my lenses as if they're paint.  Never had a problem. 

As with most things, YMMV.

Thank you for the guidance. I hit the lights with Adam’s polish, a white pad on my SK micro on speed 4. I worked the polish with light pressure (maybe a half-pound, the pad was barely squishing) until the polish was diminished. 2x passes and the result is almost perfect. I’m going to hit it one more time before I wipe it down and ceramic coat it. 

41D718C0-C211-425B-87DD-87235BE71E8A.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Steveinnorthglenn said:

Thank you for the guidance. I hit the lights with Adam’s polish, a white pad on my SK micro on speed 4. I worked the polish with light pressure (maybe a half-pound, the pad was barely squishing) until the polish was diminished. 2x passes and the result is almost perfect. I’m going to hit it one more time before I wipe it down and ceramic coat it. 

41D718C0-C211-425B-87DD-87235BE71E8A.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Steveinnorthglenn said:

And for the record, here’s my b-pillar. Hit it many times with the SK micro on speed 6. Compound + blue pad for the first few passes, then switched to polish + white pad for several passes. This car is 12 years old… 

DBEA8E22-C820-4F66-B27C-03897CB32973.jpeg

Looks great! :2thumbs:

As you know, it's less about their age than the care they receive.  My 10 year old Shelby shines brighter today than when I drove her off the showroom floor...

20220813_104840.jpg

20221008_093452.jpg

The best thing that I have ever found for tail lights, is Adam's Revive Hand Polish.  I don't know what it is about that product, but it works wonders.  If you have any Revive left, give it a try and I do the tail lights by hand.

Edited by RayS