Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can traditional Graphene Ceramic Coating be applied over Graphene Advanced Spray Coating?

Steveinnorthglenn

Question

Can traditional ceramic coating (I.e., Adam’s Graphene Ceramic Coating) be applied on top of Advanced Graphene Spray Coating?

I spent the last month of nights and weekends detailing the heck out of my paint. It looks practically flawless and I’m really proud of it. 

I decided to seal the paint with the spray coating because I wasn’t sure I would be able to apply the traditional coating in a 40°F garage- but I wanted some effective protection for the rest of winter. 

I expect that I will want to use a traditional 10-year coating on the car when the weather warms up and I feel more comfortable applying it (and have more daylight). At that time, I expect some re-polishing will need to occur but I assume there will be some spray coating that remains after a light polishing. 

Assuming there is some spray coating left in corners and crevices, will the traditional coating play nicely with those spots? Or should I plan to spend a few days polishing away all of the spray coating before applying the new coating?

2 answers to this question

After doing some deeper searching, the answer is found here:

https://www.adamsforums.com/topic/38489-blog-graphene-ceramic-coating%E2%84%A2-explained/?do=findComment&comment=585941

It appears that the ceramic spray coating needs to be removed via machine polishing with a white pad and polish so that the traditional ceramic coating can bond to a unadulterated surface.