Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hard To See Rainbowing on Yellow

TR6speed

Question

I just moved up from a C6 Corvette to a C7 Corvette.  My C6 was a dark red so the ceramic spray rainbowed really well.  On the Yellow it is next to impossible to see.  So, I live in Florida, and we are going to have a week starting tomorrow with highs in the upper 70's to low 80's.  I am sure there will be humidity, but nowhere near summer levels.  I plane to do a strip wash then a light buffing and then finish it with the surface prep. I will them apply the Spray Ceramic coating to just small areas.  So how can I tell when the ceramic is ready to be buffed off so I can move to the next area?

1 answer to this question

Hi Jack,
There are a few colors that are nearly impossible to see the rainbow and I've found that using different lights and angles helps, but I have not found anything that works every time.   LED lights work fine on dark colored vehicles and my old Halogen shop light tends to work better on and the lighter colored cars.  On a few of the vehicles I used and old flashlight with a regular bulb that I could easily change the angles on.  When using the Halogen or old flashlight, I had to turn off the overhead LED's to be able to see the difference clearly and that is the only thing that was consistent. 

The best I can suggest is to experiment with the different lights that you have available and if one of them works stick with it and please post what worked.