Customer Service 866.965.0400

With ceramic coating properly applied, is spray coating still required?

snovvman

Question

Hi, with a properly applied Adam's Advanced Ceramic Coating, is the Advanced Graphene Ceramic Spray still useful? If spray is to be used for maintenance, does it in fact "build" on top of the already applied coating and increase the durability?  Why not just apply another coat of the Ceramic Coating instead?

I can see how the spray can get into areas where the coating cannot (i.e., spray into an area), but why would one choose the spray over the coating, cost and ease of application notwithstanding?

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Assuming that the coating is properly applied, and the right prep work done beforehand as well, one layer of the Graphene Ceramic Coating is sufficient. When layering ceramic coatings, the law of diminishing returns applies and adding 2+ layers does not equate 2x+ protection. The coating essentially rejects itself. Instead to maintain, use any of the graphene lineup products.

3 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Assuming that the coating is properly applied, and the right prep work done beforehand as well, one layer of the Graphene Ceramic Coating is sufficient. When layering ceramic coatings, the law of diminishing returns applies and adding 2+ layers does not equate 2x+ protection. The coating essentially rejects itself. Instead to maintain, use any of the graphene lineup products.

Thank you for your reply.  I always thought it would be a diminishing return, if any return at all.  The way I saw it, once the first coat cures, it becomes very slippery and any subsequent coat will just slip off.  However, I've read about, and have been told that there is *some* benefit, perhaps 30% or so from a second coating (not spray).  How, then, is this possible?

I got both the coating and spray.  From the sounds of it, if I am willing to go through the pain of a more difficult application with the coating, there is no reason to keep the spray?

23 hours ago, snovvman said:

Thank you for your reply.  I always thought it would be a diminishing return, if any return at all.  The way I saw it, once the first coat cures, it becomes very slippery and any subsequent coat will just slip off.  However, I've read about, and have been told that there is *some* benefit, perhaps 30% or so from a second coating (not spray).  How, then, is this possible?

I got both the coating and spray.  From the sounds of it, if I am willing to go through the pain of a more difficult application with the coating, there is no reason to keep the spray?

It's cost/benefit. If you're willing to put in the time needed, there may be some benefit. But it's certainly not the full value of one solid layer. Plus, adding a thinner layer like spray coating results in an even thinner layer that may provide a little extra benefit. Is that worth it to you? If so, there's no harm, just no real benefit, either. Instead, I'd recommend going with the maintenance process like @The Guz linked above.