Customer Service 866.965.0400

Coating a jet ski?

bosco1

Question

He friend wanted me to coat his like new jet ski. All I have done are vehicles in the past.  Is the Adam's Graphene ok to use on the plastic and rubber parts of the exterior? Any different steps to take? I Wasn't going to do the seat for fear of making it too slick and possibly difficult to hang on. Any help in these areas would be appreciated.

Tks Dan

3 answers to this question

Yes, safe for those surfaces and same process as on a car. Just understand if you polish that gel coats generally need more effort compared to your typical clear coat, it's usually a harder surface. For the seat, consider the Leather and Vinyl Coating instead. Don't expect the same longevity for either one on the jet ski, though.

47 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Yes, safe for those surfaces and same process as on a car. Just understand if you polish that gel coats generally need more effort compared to your typical clear coat, it's usually a harder surface. For the seat, consider the Leather and Vinyl Coating instead. Don't expect the same longevity for either one on the jet ski, though.

Do you just use the Surface prep to clean the plastic/vinyl areas then coat? Guess there will be no rainbowing on these surfaces. 

27 minutes ago, bosco1 said:

Do you just use the Surface prep to clean the plastic/vinyl areas then coat? Guess there will be no rainbowing on these surfaces. 

Before the Leather and Vinyl Coating on the seat, no, just clean, dry and apply. Before the regular Graphene on other surfaces, yes.