Customer Service 866.965.0400

Real durability of graphene advanced spray coating

Loneranger

Question

So I have a question I have my 21 ranger (black) everything you see says 18-24 months of protection. The bottle says 12-18 months. Comments in places people are saying barely a year. I strip washed and clayed and polished and used surface prep then coated. I plan on using graphene shampoo and maybe graphene detail spray once a month or every other month? My truck is a daily driver and not garage kept. Only maybe 7,000 miles a year. How can I get more than a measly year from this? Is it safe to pull the polisher out on this paint every year without wearing through the clear and paint? For all the work I did should I have just did the real coating? Let’s chew through the fat what’s honest take on this? Too much conflicting info. I love adams polishes stuff but I plan on keeping my truck a long time and don’t want to waste time on something I’ll have to do every single year and eventually wear though the paint polishing every year. Why say 2 years when people barely even get 1? Help me and many others out. Thanks in advance. 

3 answers to this question

From my experience both versions don't last as long as the claim on the site or bottle on a daily driver.  The first version about 4 months max and the advanced about 8 months max and that is pushing it.  If you want the durability then you will need to top it often or go to the actual coating.

My various vehicles have very different ranges.  The garage queen that only goes out on nice days, regularly gets dusted off with Graphene Detail Spray, CS3 or Ceramic Waterless Wash has been almost 18 months and still looks perfect.

The garaged vehicle that goes out about once a week and does some trips is around 10 months and still looking good, but not nearly as good as the pure garage queen.

The daily driver that sits outside 24/7, gets driven in nasty weather and gets washed constantly, is approaching 6 months and will need to be redone soon.

Bottom line, mileage will vary. With a coating, prep is everything, and proper application is key, too. But the maintenance process, driving conditions, where the car is parked, and many other factors play in here. With your situation and what you explained, I'd expect on the higher end of the expected longevity. But if you want longer, yes, bump up to the traditional form - you're already over halfway there, anyway.