Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel wax??

clipser

Question

I've been happy using buttery wax on my wheels. I apply several light coats and it seems to hold up reasonably well.

Buttery Wax works very well on clear-coated wheels, especially at keeping brake dust from sticking. Plus it makes the wheels stand out. From a distance, the first thing you notice on my Vette are the wheels

http://adamsforums.com/forums/album.php?albumid=11&pictureid=499

:thumbsup:

I've tried the the machine wax, but its so hard to get thru all the small spaces and corners

Thats just the nature of the beast really... waxing/sealing wheels is a real PITA... especially with really intricate wheel designs. Thats why I prefer a sealant... they don't offer the same visual "POP" as BW or MSW on painted wheels, but they do last a long time meaning I don't have to spend forever on the wheels as often.

Any chance you'll add a long lasting polymer/synthetic sealant to the line Adam?? That is the one product you guys don't have the I use regularly so I've been forced to go with Rejex/Optiseal/Jetseal for this one need. I'd gladly give you guys the business if you had a solution.

Well actually it seems to be working great on paint so far in the rainy weather in WA. On my truck MSW is final coating and the water and dirt literally fall off the truck. Maybe we're just underestimating its power. I'll try it on my truck wheels and we'll see.

Couldn't you use the MSW and then top with the buttery wax? This would give you the longevity of the MSW with the added pop of the buttery wax.

I don't imagine the buttery wax would last long on its own, given the temperatures the wheels experience. The BW would have to be reapplied more often to keep the look of it, but the MSW should last longer and provide protection after the buttery wax has disappeared.

Just my thoughts on it...

I've got a question, has anyone tried our MSW as a sealant on the wheels, or paint, and what has been your experience?

Thanks in advance! :patriot:

I have used both MSW and Buttery on all different wheel finishes Adam. While it does make them look nice I find that they just don't hold up very long. For whatever reason the protection seems to break down on the wheels MUCH sooner than it does on the painted panels.

Before the wheels were blacked I even went so far as to treat my drivers side with Rejex and my passenger side with MSW. I wanted to confirm my thoughts that the MSW was breaking down... approx. 2 weeks later, after a couple days of light rain and some sunny days I washed. The Rejex side I was literally able to almost hose most of the brake dust and road grime off, took very little to get them clean. The opposite side didn't come clean as easily and it was obvious the MSW had broken down somewhat.

Honestly I think the added abuse seen by a wheel (heat, debris, brake dust, etc) really beats up on protective finishes. While I love MSW for my paint it just isn't tough enough for wheels... at least not on a daily driver IMO.

Again, I LOOOOOOVE MSW... its all I use on my paint, but for my wheels I opt for a sealant and then top it it with MSW or BSG if I want extra "POP"

Edited by Dylan06SS

I have used both MSW and Buttery on all different wheel finishes Adam. While it does make them look nice I find that they just don't hold up very long. For whatever reason the protection seems to break down on the wheels MUCH sooner than it does on the painted panels.

Before the wheels were blacked I even went so far as to treat my drivers side with Rejex and my passenger side with MSW. I wanted to confirm my thoughts that the MSW was breaking down... approx. 2 weeks later, after a couple days of light rain and some sunny days I washed. The Rejex side I was literally able to almost hose most of the brake dust and road grime off, took very little to get them clean. The opposite side didn't come clean as easily and it was obvious the MSW had broken down somewhat.

Honestly I think the added abuse seen by a wheel (heat, debris, brake dust, etc) really beats up on protective finishes. While I love MSW for my paint it just isn't tough enough for wheels... at least not on a daily driver IMO.

Again, I LOOOOOOVE MSW... its all I use on my paint, but for my wheels I opt for a sealant and then top it it with MSW or BSG if I want extra "POP"

+1! Well put.

I've got a question, has anyone tried our MSW as a sealant on the wheels, or paint, and what has been your experience?

Thanks in advance! :patriot:

Yep, i used the MSW on the wheels as added protection on my polished aluminum. It went on clear and still looked good but im not sure how long it will last, its not a daily driver and the car only comes out on nice days. Hopefully it will last until the next time i polish them.:xfingers:

I have to agree that an honest, dedicated sealant would be a welcome addition to the line. If there were a durable sealant available, you wouldn't need a wheel wax. Just use the sealant on the paint and wheels.

I am going to tend to agree a 'harsh' sealent would be great. MSW does work great on paint as a protective coating but just doesn't hold up on wheels.

Few sealants will - the heat breaks down the bond between sealant and wheel surface rather quickly. The ones that do hold up to that temperature for a good period of time cost $$$$