Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best way to wash buffer pads?

Brent44

Question

Spray with Adams APC (All Purpose Cleaner) and let soak for a few then go back with the hose in the garage or drive and spray them and kneed them a bit until you see clear water running out. I then set them on there side on a shelf to dry after slinging as much water out of them. You can also put back onto your PC and stick it in a bucket and turn it on and watch the excess water fly out. I learned that one here...

Chris

This is what I do:

Spray with APC

Agitate with fingers to break the polish loose

Spray with hose (I use the spray attachment on my sink)

Squeeze out majority of the water by hand

Put the pad on the pc, set it to 6

Put it inside your bucket and turn on the polisher to sling all the water out as suggested above

Sit the pads in front of the dehumidifier in the basement or put them in the dryer on low heat for 15 minutes

This is what I do:

Spray with APC

Agitate with fingers to break the polish loose

Spray with hose (I use the spray attachment on my sink)

Squeeze out majority of the water by hand

Put the pad on the pc, set it to 6

Put it inside your bucket and turn on the polisher to sling all the water out as suggested above

Sit the pads in front of the dehumidifier in the basement or put them in the dryer on low heat for 15 minutes

:iagree: You are awesome Gerry! :thumbsup:

Anyone use the GWC to clean their pads?

Hi Devin, and YES! Report back with your findings, but I found it to work as well as the APC, at least.

Thanks Devin!:2thumbs:

Hi Devin, and YES! Report back with your findings, but I found it to work as well as the APC, at least.

Thanks Devin!:2thumbs:

Thanks for the speedy response Adam. I don't have any GWC yet. I'm running low on APC and from what I'm hearing GWC works on everything that APC does and cleans better, so I was planning on just buying GWC to replace my APC. Any thoughts?

I just did mine today with GWC. Sprayed them up pretty good, let them sit a minute, then rubbed them to lather up the GWC a bit. After that I dunked them in a bucket of warm water, squeezed them out a bit, then rinsed them clean.

The GWC worked far better than anything I'd ever tried before. :cheers: