Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing old tinting?

crawfish

Question

In a continuing effort to bring my old car back to original stock condition, I would like to "un-tint" the windows of my 1988 35<SUP>th</SUP> Anniversary edition Corvette. The tinting is very old. It is covering the side windows as well as the hatch window. Does anyone know of a product I could use to remove it or possibly another method?

8 answers to this question

Hi Don,

That's a tough job, and a messy one as well. I've done it with razor blades and glass cleaner to one window, then took it to the local tint shop and paid them $50 to do the rest of the vehicle.

IMHO, it was one of the best $50 I've ever spent, especially if you have a defroster, which can be very tricky to work around.

There may be other replies here suggesting a better method, but a tint shop should do the job for a reasonable price, and while you wait.

My $.02.:thumbsup:

My tinter said they use a steamer to remove it. Worth a try if you can do it.

I am with Adam though. If you can find a good shop to do it for 50-100 bucks I say pull the trigger!

Chris

When i got a ticket in my truck decided to pull the tint....went to a tit shop told me it would be like $20 i think then preceded to tell me how to do it and save him time and me money... take a razor blade and get under the corner and peel back then slow and steady pressure pull off like one big decal. Now you must get off all the glue, to do this use allot of soapy water and the razor blade to scrape off.