Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Headlight Correction (TEASER!)

Team Adam's

Question

Here are some images of some upcoming toys that will soon be available!

We started with a Ford Focus that has not seen shelter in over 1 year! Headlights were faded, scratched, and downright abused!

Tools:

1 Adam's Detail Spray

1 Adam's Clay Bar

1 Adam's Swirl and Haze Remover

1 Drill (cordless is safest)

1 Adam's 4" Yellow Pad (name coming soon)

1 Adam's 4" White Pad (name coming soon)

1 Adam's True Blue Microfiber Towel

1 Camera

2 Adam's employees

7 minutes total!

Before:

As you can see, headlight needs some love!

headlightbefore2.jpg

headlightcloseup.jpg

headlightcloseup2.jpg

headlightcloseupbefore.jpg

Break out the clay bar to remove any serious contaminants we didn't want to grind into the plastic housing:

headlightdetailspray.jpg

claybarinuse.jpg

headlightafterclay.jpg

Time to rock! Our new 4" yellow pad is our most aggressive yet and was the perfect way to get the surface started! Adam's Swirl and Haze Remover was prepp'd and set!

yellowpadproductonit.jpg

yellowpadherewego.jpg

yellowpadduringunderhood.jpg

yellowpadcloseupinuse.jpg

headlightyellowpadduring.jpg

headlightyellowcloseup.jpg

WOAH!

yellowpadusedafter.jpg

White Pad with Swirl and Haze Remover for some final touch up:

headlightduringwhitepad.jpg

whitepadalmostdone.jpg

whitepadalmostdone2.jpg

No need to buy new lights now!

headlightafter.jpg

headlightafterfromside.jpg

STAY TUNED FOR AVAILABILITY!

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Correct me if I am wrong here but a lot of people want to use with a PC or other DA machine and I believe the thought behind these is to spin them to help heat the surface and remove more material on the headlights. Are ya'll wanting to use these on your paint as well?

I think this is going to be a great tool to use for a lot of the small paint work that I do. When I wet sand to take care of minor imperfections I have to buff it out by hand... This will be small enough, yet highly effective to buff and polish the clear coat back out after I wet sand it! I cannot wait!!!

Correct me if I am wrong here but a lot of people want to use with a PC or other DA machine and I believe the thought behind these is to spin them to help heat the surface and remove more material on the headlights. Are ya'll wanting to use these on your paint as well?

Yep, if you have a minor scratch these will spin fast enough (because it's a drill) to be able to do the same correction style as a rotary.

Yep, if you have a minor scratch these will spin fast enough (because it's a drill) to be able to do the same correction style as a rotary.

Agreed! I just don't know why someone would want to use one on the DA but it may be size related. I know it'd be nice to have for my bikes as the 7" are WAY to big.

Would any cordless drill work, or do you need a heavy duty one ? I don't have one, make/model #'s appreciated. Thanks -pgp

my GUESS would be no, just a regular drill. The reason i say this is the drill is going to be like a rotary and if your not careful can take to much off the clear, again that is my guess.

I bought a B/D one at Lowes several months for home projects. It's 12 volt BUT it's Li-ion which offers amazing power and a small size plus it won't build a memory like Ni-cad does. It's got MORE than enough power and speed for these. It's true downfall is its 3/8 chuck but for around home it's perfect. I think I got it on sale for 70 bucks. I don't see why a corded drill with variable speed wouldn't suffice.

Chris

Looks great. My Mom's Audi was really bad recently and also my BMW. I took a day and did both of them starting with wetsanding them with finer and finer grits then plastic polish on a pad. Was amazed at the results. My dad got one of those crappy headlight polish kits from autozone and after 45 minutes of working on the Audi it was still terrible. Once they are bad I can't see any one product job handling the whole job.

On the Lotus I have paint protection film on the headlights and turn signals so that I won't have to do this. If it gets some wear or whatever in a couple/few years I'll just peel it off and slap some new on. (not that they are the easiest headlights to apply it to)

I live in a place that does not have close parking. That's why I need a cordless drill. I did not think any cordless drill would work, thats why I asked. It's also the reason I don't have a PC. They don't have a cordless PC do they, or something similar?

Chewy- what are the main limitations of the 3/8 chuck?

Thanks -pgp

I gotta tell you folks. I used these 2 weeks ago at a clinic I held and the headlight restore came out AMAZING!

I also used them for the dirt/scratches that were under the door handle ( white car )

These are going to be a must for every Adam's user!

The 4" pads are great. They build up heat and cut much better than the larger pads.

I need a full set of the 4" pads for my Cyclo. You said you used them. Are they shipping? I cannot find them to order. Please help!!!