Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sit Back, Watch, and Smile BIG!!!

Adam

Thanks Jeff for sending me this amazing video!

On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive through the heart of Paris early in the morning . No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit.

The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches.

Turn up your speakers and watch this amazing video, and listen to the Ferrari V12 scream. I just watched it three times in a row, and have chills up and down my body! :rockon:

<object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqHrCLt3Geo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

Edited by Adam

I love that film. Thanks for posting that as I haven't seen that in quite some time. There is much controversy surrounding that film. Various theories are out there. Who knows what is true and what isn't. The fact of the matter is that no matter who was driving, and not matter what they were driving, that is surely something to get your heart pumping just a little faster.

For those interested below is a map of Paris with the route taken, and times noted, in red. Pretty cool.

2011808625_d0fdaebd12.jpg

Actually, this was uploaded to our AZLOC site by our very own Shawn (AZBLACKMONSOON).

Check out THIS man's stable !!! :drool::drool::drool:

93 454SS (Built) Kenne Bell 2.2L-- 02 Lightning (Duffee Built) 3.4L Whipple --95 Tahoe 2dr, 4wd, 1.6L Whipple-- 06 SRT-10 Quad Cab stock?-- 79 10th Anniversary Trans Am (53,000 miles) -- 63 Impala (20,000 orig. miles).--95 Banshee "I have tools to fix tools"

Thanks Mike for the map !! That kinda puts things in perspective !!

How many stop signs did he blow thru?

No idea....lost count on red lights too. What amazed me was that whoever was driving didn't even lift of the throttle at all when coming to stop signs/red lights/round abouts.

I love that film. Thanks for posting that as I haven't seen that in quite some time. There is much controversy surrounding that film. Various theories are out there. Who knows what is true and what isn't. The fact of the matter is that no matter who was driving, and not matter what they were driving, that is surely something to get your heart pumping just a little faster.

For those interested below is a map of Paris with the route taken, and times noted, in red. Pretty cool.

2011808625_d0fdaebd12.jpg

Thats some distants.

There are lots of stories about this film and it has circulated for years. The usual story at face value is that Claude the director strapped this camera to the front of his Ferrari 250 GTO and had at it. Some say he hired a professional Formula One race driver. It's often said that it in fact was run in his Mercedes and then the sound overdubbed in later of his Ferrari. Although not as cool as just taking it at face value and ruining it just a bit, this seems like it was most likely the story.

One thing I know is I just watched it at friends house who had a remastered DVD version and it was spectacular. He has a nice theater setup with a huge screen and awesome sound and it was 10 times better than then all the times I've watched it in grainy quality on a computer screen over the years. You could see the red lights up ahead clearly and also the times he took the wrong way down one way streets. I like to take the story and the sound and face value and just be entertained by it.

I am amazed he did not wreck or kill anyone. You would not get too many chances to make that run like in one shot.

Edited by SweetDaddyDelicious