Customer Service 866.965.0400

Swirls and Haze Remover - Flakes?

myturn89

Question

hey everyone,

i am a first timer and am in the process of using the SHR and i am noticing a lot of flakes. after watching multiple videos i have not noticed this happening. One note is that i am outside in the sun. so i am wondering if this is the issue. it appears to be working but it is taking a lot of passes. the car has a lot of swirls.

:help:

13 answers to this question

thanks everyone for your responses. i did both outside for the top surfaces and outside for the sides of the vette and that seemed to help but both the SHR and FMP were both difficult to use on warm to hot surfaces, and i tried a couple sprays of the detail spray on the pads too.

thanks everyone for your responses. i did both outside for the top surfaces and outside for the sides of the vette and that seemed to help but both the SHR and FMP were both difficult to use on warm to hot surfaces, and i tried a couple sprays of the detail spray on the pads too.

I had a bottle of SHR with flakes IN it. I got with Ashley and had it replaced at no charge.

I took pics of it and she'd never seen it before. Make sure your bottle doesn't have chunks of stuff in it.

She thought it may have frozen but not on my watch. It stays in my basement which is much higher than 32º

I have these annoying flakes too. Its been 4 weeks or so since used the SHR and MSP but they still show up although seem to be fewer as time passes. White flakes on black Vette look like paint chips. You can wipe with microfiber and most stay on. Then use detail spray and many still stay on. At first thought the ones that remained were chips. However. when use the tip of your finger they come off, or if this doesn't work using fingernail (gently) makes them move and then can remove with microfiber.

As mentioned I seem to be winning as they are becoming fewer. :2thumbs:

I have these annoying flakes too. Its been 4 weeks or so since used the SHR and MSP but they still show up although seem to be fewer as time passes. White flakes on black Vette look like paint chips. You can wipe with microfiber and most stay on. Then use detail spray and many still stay on. At first thought the ones that remained were chips. However. when use the tip of your finger they come off, or if this doesn't work using fingernail (gently) makes them move and then can remove with microfiber.

As mentioned I seem to be winning as they are becoming fewer. :2thumbs:

It sounds like the abrasives in the polish are defective (bad lot, maybe? :confused:) or the surface you're working is way too hot. If you're working in the sun, spray the area you're about to polish with a 50/50 water/alcohol mix - it evaporates extremely quickly, which temporarily cools the surface you're working with.

I was inside the garage. As mentioned flakes are rapidly becoming fewer. Have not put on final machine wax or glaze yet as was waiting to fix another issue (which now seems to be under control with the help of Leo Chan ). Will complete process after vacation.

Thank you