Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Paint

bigdougt

Question

9 answers to this question

I know this was already posted somewhere but could not find it. New Paint, what can be done. Can it immediately be clayed, swirl and haze remover and revived polished, using no wax?

Nothing in my opion is going to hurt. And after watching the junkmans restore your fnish videos. he pointed out that you should clay you new car because think how long it has been outside and if the transported by train it might have rail rust. So definitly clay bar the car at lease if nothing else. and why dont you want to put wax on the car.

By new paint, do you mean a car that has been recently resprayed with fresh paint, or a brand new car right off the lot?

If you mean the latter, then you certainly want to clay it because even brand new cars are rough and have rail dust that has adhered to the clearcoat that you want to remove.

If you are talking about a freshly resprayed vehicle, I would wait a while for the paint to cure before doing anything, especially claying and waxing. Different paints and clears take longer to cure, so I'd ask the shop that sprayed it for you.

By new paint, do you mean a car that has been recently resprayed with fresh paint, or a brand new car right off the lot?

If you mean the latter, then you certainly want to clay it because even brand new cars are rough and have rail dust that has adhered to the clearcoat that you want to remove.

If you are talking about a freshly resprayed vehicle, I would wait a while for the paint to cure before doing anything, especially claying and waxing. Different paints and clears take longer to cure, so I'd ask the shop that sprayed it for you.

Never thougt about a new paint job. just assume that he meant a new cars paint. guess i should have asked first.

Yes freshly sprayed. I had a little accident ( a brief moment of where my head should not have been) :mad: and just had the front nose, left front fender and hood replaced and painted.

Then let it cure for a while my friend. Dont want to make another mistake. Funny Huggies vid.

You can work it even though it's new paint. I have done this a lot in the past. DO NOT wax it though. You can use a polish but not a product that contains wax. 2-3 months in the sun should suffice. Or 30 seconds in your Naples sun... lol I'd give it a month down there. Just keep some polish on it.

Chris