Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sit Back, Watch, and Smile BIG!!!

Adam

Thanks Jeff for sending me this amazing video!

On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive through the heart of Paris early in the morning . No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit.

The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches.

Turn up your speakers and watch this amazing video, and listen to the Ferrari V12 scream. I just watched it three times in a row, and have chills up and down my body! :rockon:

<object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqHrCLt3Geo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

I love that film. Thanks for posting that as I haven't seen that in quite some time. There is much controversy surrounding that film. Various theories are out there. Who knows what is true and what isn't. The fact of the matter is that no matter who was driving, and not matter what they were driving, that is surely something to get your heart pumping just a little faster.

For those interested below is a map of Paris with the route taken, and times noted, in red. Pretty cool.

2011808625_d0fdaebd12.jpg

Actually, this was uploaded to our AZLOC site by our very own Shawn (AZBLACKMONSOON).

Check out THIS man's stable !!! :drool::drool::drool:

93 454SS (Built) Kenne Bell 2.2L-- 02 Lightning (Duffee Built) 3.4L Whipple --95 Tahoe 2dr, 4wd, 1.6L Whipple-- 06 SRT-10 Quad Cab stock?-- 79 10th Anniversary Trans Am (53,000 miles) -- 63 Impala (20,000 orig. miles).--95 Banshee "I have tools to fix tools"

Thanks Mike for the map !! That kinda puts things in perspective !!

How many stop signs did he blow thru?

No idea....lost count on red lights too. What amazed me was that whoever was driving didn't even lift of the throttle at all when coming to stop signs/red lights/round abouts.

I love that film. Thanks for posting that as I haven't seen that in quite some time. There is much controversy surrounding that film. Various theories are out there. Who knows what is true and what isn't. The fact of the matter is that no matter who was driving, and not matter what they were driving, that is surely something to get your heart pumping just a little faster.

For those interested below is a map of Paris with the route taken, and times noted, in red. Pretty cool.

2011808625_d0fdaebd12.jpg

Thats some distants.

• 4 weeks later...
How many stop signs did he blow thru?

No idea....lost count on red lights too. What amazed me was that whoever was driving didn't even lift of the throttle at all when coming to stop signs/red lights/round abouts.

I stopped counting at 8 red lights!

That (not stopping at red lights) is pretty much the norm in some parts of the world. Naples, Italy, where I lived for over five years is one example. You can stop if you want, but you're not obilgated and you might cause an accident if you do.

First time I saw that video a sales rep I used to work pretty closely with brought me a copy he burned to DVD. He was a former GT cup car driver and came from a family of race car drivers... video still brings a smile to my face everytime I see it.

This is also a long time favorite of mine.... Hans Stuck taking a BMW M3 GTR car around the Nurburgring... the man is an amazing driver and the sounds coming from the car are unreal... I love how you can hear the gears howling the whole time

First time I saw that video a sales rep I used to work pretty closely with brought me a copy he burned to DVD. He was a former GT cup car driver and came from a family of race car drivers... video still brings a smile to my face everytime I see it.

This is also a long time favorite of mine.... Hans Stuck taking a BMW M3 GTR car around the Nurburgring... the man is an amazing driver and the sounds coming from the car are unreal... I love how you can hear the gears howling the whole time

That video was sick. How many gears does that guy have. And he was getting a little to close to the barriers for my taste.