Customer Service 866.965.0400

White Letter Tire Cleaning

rvs2003c5

Question

I have a couple of nice 1st Gen Camaros that have BFG white letter tires on them and trying to get them as white as possible for a show this weekend.... My tires are about 10 years old and trying to find something to get my white letters as clean as possible.

I have used Westly's tire bleach for years, but it still leaves them not as white as they used to be... It there something in the Adams arsenal to help clean these white letters? I use VTR for the dressing on the tires and that makes them look great, but need something to help brighten the white letters...

Would appreciate the help.

I have a couple of nice 1st Gen Camaros that have BFG white letter tires on them and trying to get them as white as possible for a show this weekend.... My tires are about 10 years old and trying to find something to get my white letters as clean as possible.

I have used Westly's tire bleach for years, but it still leaves them not as white as they used to be... It there something in the Adams arsenal to help clean these white letters? I use VTR for the dressing on the tires and that makes them look great, but need something to help brighten the white letters...

Would appreciate the help.

The thing you need to use is a wet sos pad. THey will be bleache white. Sorry is wasnt under the Adams arsenal. Try you wont be dissapointed.

When I was a kid my dad always used the SOS pads on his white walls, they looked great. When I had my old Toyota pick-up I used Wesley's with a plastic scrubber on my BFG all terrains and it used to smear the white around the tires.

Edited by Tundra5-0

Thanks for the advice. I went to the store today, bought a box of SOS pads and did the tires on my 68 Camaro and they look great. I took some VRT and dressed them and they look better than new.

Now just have to do a quick pass of Adams Detail spray on the Lemans Blue paint, use the Adams Window cleaner, lower the top and put on my new convert boot, dress it with some Adams leather conditioner and I am ready to roll.

I do my 69 Z28 on Wednesday.... it is Hugger Orange and loves the butter wax...

I have been an Adams fan since July 2003 at the Corvette 50th Anniversary in Bowling Green... and use it on all my cars.... Great material for detailing.

Thanks for the advice on the white letter tires...

I have used SOS or BRILLO pads to clean up white rubber on tires weather they are white walls, outlined white letters or solid white letters. Works well on redline tires too. After scrubbing with pad, brush entire tire with comet. Rinse and then dry with leaf blower or compressed air. Apply tire dressing and use a rag to wipe dressing off the white rubber. Now they are ready for show.:glasses:

I have been an Adams fan since July 2003 at the Corvette 50th Anniversary in Bowling Green... and use it on all my cars.... Great material for detailing.

That was an awesome show to be apart of with West Coast Corvettes!

Frank... never heard of that stuff before... is it a heavy cleaner or what?

It is a heavy cleaner, but not harsh. It's friendly to any type of finish you can imagine. A few weeks ago, I used it to deep clean my tires - the next day I used it on my BBQ, siding, windows, bathtub, and driveway.