Customer Service 866.965.0400

White Letter Tire Cleaning

rvs2003c5

Question

I have a couple of nice 1st Gen Camaros that have BFG white letter tires on them and trying to get them as white as possible for a show this weekend.... My tires are about 10 years old and trying to find something to get my white letters as clean as possible.

I have used Westly's tire bleach for years, but it still leaves them not as white as they used to be... It there something in the Adams arsenal to help clean these white letters? I use VTR for the dressing on the tires and that makes them look great, but need something to help brighten the white letters...

Would appreciate the help.

O/k, real nice. So, procedure? Wet tire first, or dry, full strength All Purpose, etc.?

Shoot APC directly onto dry tire.

Allow to dwell and run down...don't let APC dry on the wheel.

Re-shoot APC onto the tire, this time use a carpet brush or tire brush and scrub away.

May take one or two passes.

Rinse and repeat as needed.

May try the SOS pad--never done that one.

I really wish I had done some before/afters on an 06 dodge dually. Looks like the tires had never been degreased and the white letters were barely visible as they were so brown/covered in silicon tire dressing and dirt. A couple passes with APC and they looked brand new. Of course I have no before pics!