Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just a few questions

KrazyTrain

Question

Just want to say i recently switched to all Adams products and love them so far. Here are a few questions i have as a noob!!!

Sorry for the long story hang in there with me,

This weekend i watched Junkmans videos on detailing and thought hey i may as well get started, ive been putting this off now for a few months. I pulled the vette out of the garage along with my wifes Toyota Solara and pulled my daily driver (2003 black chevy silverado) in the garage for a full detail. Started off with a full wash with Adams car wash, 2 bucket method of coarse. Then started in on the Clay bar process, clayed the whole truck used about a bottle and a half of detail spray. everything is good so far except for my red stained hands from the detail spray. I then get out my PC, orange pad and SHR and go to town. one pass with SHR, two passes with the SHR, 3 passes with the SHR, 4 passes with the SHR and most swirls are gone but i still see some so i moved on to the the white pad and FMP 2 passes with that and i still see some swirls??? I tried more pressure with the PC i tried less pressure with the PC. Now my wife walks out and is absolulty amazed at the results so far BUT I STILL SEE SWIRLS!! I was in my gargage temp was about 60 degrees and it was raining outside. Here are amy questions

1) Does the high humidity play a part on the effectivness of the products?

2) Am i expecting too much? This is my DD and i havent taken the best care of it. It still looks good but have never babied it like the vette, it sits outside in the elements year round.

3)i am using a halogen work light to inspect the paint, is that too much light? is that why i see every little scratch?

Here is what it looked like before... i dont have any after pics yet but i would say 90% of the swirls are gone.

508683583_Pw9Ah-M.jpg

2 answers to this question

Just a couple things that may help, start by washing with Dawn to get any old wax off. Then when using the orange pad with SHR don't use too much, I find myself using too much product at times and you just don't get the good results as the pad is just floating on the product and not really getting to the swirls. And after a few passes take it out in the sun to inspect the results. When polishing with a PC you re really rounding off the sharp edges and those work lights can still show some swirls that you probably won't see outside, let me know how that works out :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by C6Bill

Just a couple things that may help, start by washing with Dawn to get any old wax off. Then when using the orange pad with SHR don't use too much, I find myself using too much product at times and you just don't get the good results as the pad is just floating on the product and not really getting to the swirls. And after a few passes take it out in the sun to inspect the results. When polishing with a PC you re really rounding off the sharp edges and those work lights can still show some swirls that you probably won't see outside, let me know how that works out :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Bill!!! I will try this tonight and let you know. :2thumbs: