Customer Service 866.965.0400

Graphene Advanced - 2nd Coat Question

kmnkarbad

Question

Hello Fellow Car Care Givers,  

DIY'er been lurking/researching for awhile but finally want/need advice for my particular situation.

2015 Porsche Cayman 981.  BLACK.

Decided on the Adams Graphene Advanced coating (bottle) for this project.

This time did a more aggressive Color Correction .. ..considering the Adams Graphene Ceramic coating was the goal.

Performed the application in my garage where lighting was less than optimal  ..ended up with some high spots that were clearly visible on a cloudy day.

Fixed 'em all and am really happy with the overall results.  :drool:

The coating has been on for ~1 month and the car has not been washed but was hit with one round of the Adams Graphene Detail Spray.

Since then, have noticed a few small streaks on the hood I'd like to resolve.  Nothing crazy as I'm certainly the only one that notices..(OCD!).

So the question is:

• OK to recoat the hood (n' maybe the top of the car) with another coat from the bottle?

Some info. on this forum indicates it might be too late for a recoat. :unsure:   Is true?

What if I did a light re-polish and recoat?  

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

1 minute ago, kmnkarbad said:

Hello Fellow Car Care Givers,  

DIY'er been lurking/researching for awhile but finally want/need advice for my particular situation.

2015 Porsche Cayman 981.  BLACK.

Decided on the Adams Graphene Advanced coating (bottle) for this project.

This time did a more aggressive Color Correction .. ..considering the Adams Graphene Ceramic coating was the goal.

Performed the application in my garage where lighting was less than optimal  ..ended up with some high spots that were clearly visible on a cloudy day.

Fixed 'em all and am really happy with the overall results.  :drool:

The coating has been on for ~1 month and the car has not been washed but was hit with one round of the Adams Graphene Detail Spray.

Since then, have noticed a few small streaks on the hood I'd like to resolve.  Nothing crazy as I'm certainly the only one that notices..(OCD!).

So the question is:

• OK to recoat the hood (n' maybe the top of the car) with another coat from the bottle?

Some info. on this forum indicates it might be too late for a recoat. :unsure:   Is true?

What if I did a light re-polish and recoat?  

Thanks!

This pic BEFORE the latest Color Correction and application of Adams Graphene Ceramic Coating.

(new pics to follow soon).

small_Adams1.jpg

Pretty much, true. Another coat won't be worth it, the bottom layer will essentially reject the upper. If you still have some steaks, at this point try hand polishing with a white foam pad and some Polish, that should remove them without really affecting the rest. Use the GDS every couple of weeks or so, and/or Graphene CS3 every couple of months or Graphene Boost every several months. 

Thanks Falcon.

Took  your advice and went around the entire car with the GDS one more time. 

Smoothed out those streaks on the hood a little further.  

Been thinking maybe time for a wash cycle ..but the shine and reflection is so crazy the neighbors will think I'm nuts!

Gonna roll with the GDS for now.

Thanks again.