Customer Service 866.965.0400

I just don't get these matte finished cars...

mikegeaney

Question

This is a beautiful rig for certain, but I just don't get it. It looks like my 72 Buick GS convertible did while I was saving up for a paint job after the body work and primer was done. I think a nice deep black, shined up by Adam's of course, would 1,000 times better.

index.cfm?mediaid=45635&type=2

I have also seen some other exotics out there with this matte finish. Not for me. Just one man's opinion. :burnout:

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I kind of like it. Here is a BMW with a matte/flat black vinyl wrap:

IMG_6170.jpg

DSC_7516.jpg

Mfest029.jpg

Mfest036.jpg

Installation process

335i14.jpg

335i2.jpg

335i7.jpg

A place in the Bay area did it for $3,000.00. Some say the life expectancy is 2-3yrs or 8-10yrs.

Edited by BMWguy206

ok that flat silver on that BMW is awesome.

I think it looks good too. The only down side would be that on a public road...a matte silver car would be almost completely invisible. You'd need to have a siren on the top or something so nobody drives into you :willy:

This is a supercharged E92 BMW M3 that was painted in a matte finish from C&C Collision.

IMG_7378.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

At the track

E92%20at%20the%20track.jpg

I have a space gray five series, but that flat gray looks great. What did that little upgrade cost?

Uh, why does this Ferrari have a NACA duct on the hood?

I agree with Dylan06SS: Do it because it works, not because everybody else does it. And that matte silver BMW definitely works!

For the same reason that there is a Ferrari leaping horse on the hood in gloss finish. The owner lacks taste :loser:

How about calling it what it is boys and girls, and that would be the "murdered out" look. Only old people call it "flat black or matte" finish. You all are behind with the times! lol.gif

You all are right though, on some cars it doesn't work. But on some cars, it definitely works!

murdered1.jpg

murdered2.jpg

The term "murdered out" didn't come from the "flat" finished cars. It's simply a black or dark vehicle with black wheels, tinted windows, and or blackouts. Looks like death and I like the "murdered out" look. IMO :rockon:

I like on some cars but not on others. It's starting to get really popular now though, I even see it on Cobalts I associate with so it's getting played out at that point. lol

I do like it on this.

flat20elise.jpg

and I love how they did the prancing horse in gloss on this.

360frontflat.jpg

Alan's car is siiiick (Lotus). Nice guy. I've made some stuff for him in the past. He's a screen writer in Hollywood.