Customer Service 866.965.0400

I just don't get these matte finished cars...

mikegeaney

Question

This is a beautiful rig for certain, but I just don't get it. It looks like my 72 Buick GS convertible did while I was saving up for a paint job after the body work and primer was done. I think a nice deep black, shined up by Adam's of course, would 1,000 times better.

index.cfm?mediaid=45635&type=2

I have also seen some other exotics out there with this matte finish. Not for me. Just one man's opinion. :burnout:

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The easy solution is to wrap the car in matte black vinyl. If you get tired of it peel it off to reveal perfectly protected showroom new paint underneath. A lot of the ones pictured here are wraps.

Great idea Keith! I personally like the way shiny black looks, but there is a finish for every car, and owner!:glasses:

Great idea Keith! I personally like the way shiny black looks, but there is a finish for every car, and owner!:glasses:

I love it, but it doesn't look good on every car. Just like a lot of cars wouldn't look good in orange either. I love it on the exotic and sports cars, I think it looks like poo on the Rolls and on some pickups, etc. Just depends on the car. It's gotta be the right matte too. Completely flat like the Rolls is just too much. And then there has to be some color variation- such as gloss black wheels, or on Alan's Lotus the SCC badges and other touches.

Currently matte black is the most popular color of stripe kits that I sell. Second is a really cool dark metallic silver or charcoal. I stock about 7 colors in that range darker than silver but lighter than black. The Adams clear polish works amazing on them and no one would ever think they weren't paint. (it does give matte black a sheen though as to be expected)

Yeah, as far as shine goes though, it's really hard to beat gloss black when it's all polished up.