Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Impostor

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

With all due respect, Surf City products are nice. Their detail sprays (both of them) work great, and their Road Grime Destroyer is highly praised. Although I personally prefer the Adam's Glass Cleaner, many think their Clearly Better is the best they've ever used. It didn't blow me away, but the point is just because it's sold in retail stores doesn't mean it's a crappy product. Lots of Meg's and Mother's products you can buy OTC are great products.

With all due respect, Surf City products are nice. Their detail sprays (both of them) work great, and their Road Grime Destroyer is highly praised. Although I personally prefer the Adam's Glass Cleaner, many think their Clearly Better is the best they've ever used. It didn't blow me away, but the point is just because it's sold in retail stores doesn't mean it's a crappy product. Lots of Meg's and Mother's products you can buy OTC are great products.

And to add to that - out of all the car care products you can buy in North America - OTC or otherwise - there are only a handful of actual manufacturers for the chemicals, so just by odds, some products are bound to overlap and be nearly (or totally) identical.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
We come across this constantly. Legally, you can't trademark color, smell, taste, and in most cases name. For example, no one can trademark "wax" because it's an industry term. Buttery Wax though we can trademark - which of course we've done.

How do we look at it? Bring it on! Mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery and if everyone is trying to mimic our product then we must be doing something right!

The man behind Surf City Garage is actually a real estate investor who obviously has some spare time on his hands. Well, welcome to the industry we say and we will be happy to continue leading the gang in customer service. :cheers:

M makes a detailer called L*** T**ch that looks similar to Adams DS. I currently use it as well. The smell is like piña colada, instead of cotton candy. Both are great products, but Adams DS works better overall.

HAH! How funny. I actually tried quite a few of SC products when in a pinch. I've been pretty happy with everything I've tried. I use their tire "shine" stuff on wheel wells. Tried their carnauba and it was on par with pretty much every carnauba I've ever tried. Even the expensive ones. They carry most of their line at Walmart locally.

• 4 weeks later...

I have not used Surf City Garage. I can tell you that it does not sell well here in Las Vegas. O'Reilly's and Pep Boys have already put them in CLEARANCE. In WalMart, they are always full on the shelves.

We don't even have a Walmart around where I live in WA. The closest one is a 30 minutes north or 40 minutes south.

I've heard its a good place to buy ammo/oil but I'm not going to drive 30 minutes each way to save 3 dollars.

I have three WalMarts within 3 miles of my house.