Customer Service 866.965.0400

Took a "quick" detail job

Team Adam's

Since I work swing shift I have the first half of my days to do, well, **** near anything I please :D

Yesterday I booked myself what I thought was gonna be a quick trunaround detail, boy was I wrong. (NOTE TO SELF: Stop booking cars sight unseen)

The owner wanted it to look its best b/c its gonna be put up for sale, it was pretty rough considering its parked outside, has repeatedly been hit by sprinklers, has almost 80k miles on the clock and has NEVER (I reapeat) NEVER been waxed :help:

• Blasted the interior with Adams interior cleaner, the grime coming off the dash and door panels was disturbing.
  • Shampood the carpets and extracted with LGM
  • Everything inside treated to a healthy dose of VRT
  • Gave the engine a complete scubdown and dressed w/ VRT and what little IOS I had left
  • APC and assorted brushes on the wheels/tires
  • Strip washed the outside w/ foam gun + dish soap.
  • Clayed w/ QD spray
  • Rewashed w/ Foam gun & Car soap
  • Dried with Adams WWMF towel + QD spray
  • 1 pass of SHR on gen1 orange pad
  • 2nd pass of SHR on rear drivers side where water spoting/etching was real bad.
  • 1 pass of SHR on gen1 white pad
  • 1 coat of sealant (let it setup while I applied vrt to tires and cleand glass)
  • 1 coat of Buttery Wax via black gen1 pad

Its far from perfect, but about as good as this cars ever gonna look without being repainted. Sorry there aren't more after pictures... literally had time to drop the car off to the owner (lives a few blocks away) rush home and BARELY made it to work on time.

Before:

DSC_4942.jpg

DSC_4944.jpg

DSC_4945.jpg

Water etching on drivers door

DSC_4946.jpg

DSC_4951.jpg

DSC_4953.jpg

DSC_4966.jpg

DSC_4967.jpg

After:

DSC_4961.jpg

DSC_4958.jpg

DSC_4969.jpg

Hood reflection shot :2thumbs:

DSC_4971.jpg

great job. I have lost a few customers because I don't do quickie details, my shortest time is drop off in the evening and pick-up the next evening. I don't mind losing a few customers too keep my reputation. In my opinion the term "quick detail" is the same as "good cancer", I do detailing not cleaning and that's herd for some people to understand. Again great job in that time frame Dylan.

great job. I have lost a few customers because I don't do quickie details, my shortest time is drop off in the evening and pick-up the next evening. I don't mind losing a few customers too keep my reputation. In my opinion the term "quick detail" is the same as "good cancer", I do detailing not cleaning and that's herd for some people to understand. Again great job in that time frame Dylan.

I very much agree with that thought process... if detailing were a full time gig for me I'd definitely go the same route. Its impossible to do everything I'd want to do on a job in <9 hours if its going to include multiple passes for correction. Luckily b/c this thing was small and the owner wasn't expecting a miracle I could stop after just 2 passes and know the customer would be more than happy with the results.

• 9 months later...
Looks good for the time frame, I usually like the look of a real glossy tire until I started using VRT. Vrt give the tires a real nice clean look without the slime the glossy tire stuff leaves behind. VRT is my new tire dressing love the product

I was the same way tell I used vrt. I'll never use that glossy stuff again.

when you say "sealant" what did you use?

I believe he used Opti-Seal and then put buttery wax over the top of it. I am a firm believer in Adam's Machine Wax (a sealant/wax hybrid) as it appears to last just as long as other 'true sealants' while giving an amazing look. I live in the Pacific Northwest and MSW lasted 5+ months on a daily driven truck during the winter time. Not to mention it doesn't look bad either. DSC06202.jpg?t=1249335159