Customer Service 866.965.0400

Porsche calls Nissan's lie about GT-R ring times

IMADreamer

Linky http://www.leftlanenews.com/porsche-claims-gt3-beats-gt-r-in-ring-lap-nissan-says-gt-r-still-fastest.html

The gist of it for those who don't want to read. Porsche got some GT-Rs put their best drivers in them and couldn't get within 30 seconds of Nissan's claimed time.

The GT-R continues to be the most over hyped car in the world.

I am tending to agree. There is a lot of speculation that the GT-R that did the times isn't a 'base' GT-R and that they did a bunch of tweaking that never made it to real cars.

While I feel they got over carried away with this test I still think the car is awesome BUT I can't stand cars with weak transmissions (read WRX) and am not going to treat my tranny likes its made out of glass.

My supercar will be a ford GT or a ZR1

I remember calling BS on Nissan's time when they first published it last year: there is no way a stock GT-R would do 7:29 around the Ring. It's an amazing car - but not 7:29 worth of amazing. And anyway, the ZR1 did it 7:26 (watch it on youtube - absolutely amazing!) - so who cares about these two losers? :lol:

Linky http://www.leftlanenews.com/porsche-claims-gt3-beats-gt-r-in-ring-lap-nissan-says-gt-r-still-fastest.html

The gist of it for those who don't want to read. Porsche got some GT-Rs put their best drivers in them and couldn't get within 30 seconds of Nissan's claimed time.

The GT-R continues to be the most over hyped car in the world.

:iagree:

The GT-R is a great car, but it is probably also the most investigated car to come around in awhile. Everyone knows that was a tweaked car at the ring, even some early production models had different engine mapping. There's also a number of occurances proving Nissan's claimed HP numbers are way low. The real numbers come out to be well over 500.

I love the shirt with the 'ring outline. 7:29 in the middle. And the nissan Shift slogan below it with the word "bull" in front of it. It was fantastic. I've never been able to find it again, half thought about making a couple of them up

:lol::lol::lol: I would probably buy one!