Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel cleaning tool

I like the design of the Adams wheel cleaning tool. It fits easly in small holes in wheels. Dont change the cleaning aspect. Could make the shaft rotate inside an outer shaft where you hold it so the part that you hold does not turn in your hand? Just a thought

I like the design of the Adams wheel cleaning tool. It fits easly in small holes in wheels. Dont change the cleaning aspect. Could make the shaft rotate inside an outer shaft where you hold it so the part that you hold does not turn in your hand? Just a thought

That's a decent idea; I be you could find some sort of collar or something in one of those specialty-parts drawers at HD or lowes. You'd just want to be careful that whatever you use is kept clear of the wheel (maybe by a rubber grommet or somethign?) so that it doesn't get banged into the wheel and cause any damage. :2thumbs:

Can somebody give me the outside dimensions of the shaft for the wheel cleaning brush?

I might be able to fabricate something up to work with them. I do not own one so I cannot do the testing on my own, but if I had the diameter then I could find something of equivalent size to work with.

Also along with the diameter, the distance from where the drill chuck is, to where the brush parts begin.

Not if it is nice and lose, you won't be running the drill on high for long stretches of time.

True...

However with it being loose it will not give you the maximum control possible, and even if the shaft is 1/4" and your rubber I.D. is 1" the rubber still rubs on the shaft where your hand is putting pressure trying to control it.

The best system is going to be a metal shaft over the shaft of the wheel cleaner, with a roller ring to keep it free spinning.

But I can also test the rubber hose idea, I just need the measurements and I will try and create something.

Now I see what you are saying, i'll see what I can come up with too :2thumbs:

After all this talk about them I decided it was time to get one, just placed my order :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Ship it to me and I will send it back with a handle :lol: (even if its a rubber hose)

I would order one, but I don't have the use right now. Maybe once I get the wife a Mustang. But my rims are 22" and only 5 spokes... if it wasn't for the rotor, I could probably fit my head between them :lol:

assuming you are talking about the backmagic tool? that would help alot. that handle is the only thing good about that blackmagic tool

Actually the power ball, but you have to be carefull with that thing. I have burned through paint on wheels and you have to press hard to get into the wheel spoke corners. The Adams tool works on the cloth car wash principal using heavy cloth pieces the fly around with high RPM's. I dont think rubber would work on this idea, but maybe another plastic shaft.

Ship it to me and I will send it back with a handle :lol: (even if its a rubber hose)

I would order one, but I don't have the use right now. Maybe once I get the wife a Mustang. But my rims are 22" and only 5 spokes... if it wasn't for the rotor, I could probably fit my head between them :lol:

Dont think of your own wheels.....I needed this a couple of weeks ago when I detailed a Lexus ISF and the wheels were horrible.

• 1 month later...