Customer Service 866.965.0400

Two things to NOT do.

DCRANER

Question

I used my new Adam's wash pad, real nice, but.....I washed my Vette convertible top, I wound up with a Mohair top. Maybe once the pad is used a few times that will stop, or is it just not for canvas tops?

And, I cleaned my wheels with the wheel cleaner, did a terrific job. But, I went for a ride without blowing the water out of the brake rotors or letting them dry, came back from a ride and the rotors flung rusty / greasy sludge all over the wheels. Cleaned them again and let it dry. Maybe enough wheel cleanings and that residue will stop?

Oh well, hope this is useful info. And the drying towel did work great, throw away your Sham-Wows!

Thanks, Doug :D:rockon:

6 answers to this question

And, I cleaned my wheels with the wheel cleaner, did a terrific job. But, I went for a ride without blowing the water out of the brake rotors or letting them dry, came back from a ride and the rotors flung rusty / greasy sludge all over the wheels. Cleaned them again and let it dry. Maybe enough wheel cleanings and that residue will stop?

Sounds to me like you need to take your rims off and clean the suspension and calipers and such really good with some GWC or APC. Just having the brakes wet should not cause the rims to become dirty, if this was the case, anytime it rained you would have the same issue. Sounds to me like the cleaner did its job, but you did not rinse thoroughly.

Sounds to me like you need to take your rims off and clean the suspension and calipers and such really good with some GWC or APC. Just having the brakes wet should not cause the rims to become dirty, if this was the case, anytime it rained you would have the same issue. Sounds to me like the cleaner did its job, but you did not rinse thoroughly.

The car is brand new, I think inside the rotor vents and / or the back of the rotor has surface rust and maybe some assembly grease. I rinsed very wel, used a wheel brush all the way thru the wheel base, so maybe I have to spray WC on the back of the rotor, etc.

After you clean the wheels dry them with your leaf blower. A little rust on the rotors is normal after washing but it will come off the first time you use the brakes. But I would have to agree with Ty, if there was still green in there then it wasn't rinsed enough.

What about the wash pad shedding problem?

Does a new wash pad need to be prewashed before using it?

I just received two (2) of mine today along with other stuff from Adams central

A pre-wash is always a good idea on any car care product that has the potential to shed - microfibers, wool polishing pads, etc.