Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bullitt Goes to 1st Show of season

01Bullitt

Well, I finally got the Bullitt out to the first car show of the season. As people have been asking for some pics, here they are. The first shows me nad my Bullitt. The second is Mean Green and her trusty mascott Blazin Bullit.

I love that movie - great car to honor Steve McQueen! I remember the first time I ever saw that trim level. I was in boot camp marching around and a drill instructor had one. My first thought was "where's the wing?" Then I saw the wheels and it all made sense!

Even without the wing, you can't mistake it for anything but a Mustang. It's got ponies are over it! When I park at shows, my husband always checks to see if the ponies on the red calipers are showing. Looks real cool that way.

If you are looking for a Bullitt, you can look for a newer 2009 model. I think there are still some out there on dealer lots.

As for a 2001 like mine, there are used ones out there you just have to look since they were a limited production run. Only around 3300 in Dark Highland Green (my color).

SWEET ride!

We are buying my wife a Mustang soon, wish we could get one like that!

Nice car. 3300 in one color one year limited production? That amuses me.

160 2008 Lotus Exige 240's in all colors is rare production. 20-30 Club racer editions also rare. And if we want to get down the rare by individual color. There has been exactly one (1) of these imported to the US. And I striped it. :)

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/pictures-candy-red-pink-exige-s240-w-stripes-chuforiagraffix-com-59687/

Bullitt looks good though. I love that old movie. Particularly the 9 minute chase seen with absolutely zero words of witty banter, just pure car chase goodness, and lots of lost hubcaps. (and passing that same beetle)

Edited by SweetDaddyDelicious

Nice car. 3300 in one color one year limited production? That amuses me.

160 2008 Lotus Exige 240's in all colors is rare production. 20-30 Club racer editions also rare. And if we want to get down the rare by individual color. There has been exactly one (1) of these imported to the US. And I striped it. :)

I realize that a Mustang Bullitt might not be considered rare next to a Lotus Exige, however for a car that sells as well as a Mustang does (for all years), limiting a production run to 3041 (had to get my facts right there) definitely makes it a sought after car for Mustang enthusiasts.

<FONT color=black><FONT face=Verdana><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:jester:

At 4'9"- you'd be perfect for one! lol. It make a mini cooper look big.

Do you have any of the data on the other limited Mustangs? Just curious how many there were of like Cobra's, Steeda's, Saleens, Bosses, Mach1's, etc.?

I don't off the top of my head but there are many Mustang sites that contain such stats. Won't help with the Steeda's and Saleens however since these are not considered Ford products.

You could try looking at http://www.muscularmustangs.com/database/index.php

BTW, even though a Lotus is low-slung doesn't really make it easy for a vertically challanged person to drive. The problem with most race type cars is where the pedals are in relationship to the seat and I can seldom reach the pedals even with my big toe let alone get my whole foot on one. Then to top it off, after I have adjusted the seat to the max, the door handles most times wind up behind me so I can't even get out of the car!My husband had a great laugh at my expense one day due to this.

At 4'9"- you'd be perfect for one! lol. It make a mini cooper look big.

Do you have any of the data on the other limited Mustangs? Just curious how many there were of like Cobra's, Steeda's, Saleens, Bosses, Mach1's, etc.?

There were only 300 of the 2000 Cobra Rs made. They only come in Red. But the 03-04 Cobras are still my favorite. Off the top of my head I don't know how many of them were made. Edit: Wiki says 19,140 of the 03-04 cobras were made in both convertible and hardtop. Still it's rare to see them on the street, around here anyways.

Edited by Devin04