Customer Service 866.965.0400

drove the new Camaro last night...

b_pappy

My dealer let me take a new 2010 Camaro out last night for a quick spin. I was going to offer to take it home and detail it for them, just to keep it a bit longer. Not a bad car, this was a black V-6 model. I think I'll wait they have a SS model to offer the detail service.

What was funny was as I brought it back I felt like a pied piper with people following the car back to the dealership.

Bruce

I think they are just a little late in the grand scheme of things. The new Mustang and Challenger are already selling.

I agree, and I don't think people are going to be selling their brand new cars for a different new car. I also made a post on another forum about the terrible timing gm had releasing the camaro.

GM should have started working on this project a few years earlier, but I applaud them for not hurrying to try and get a half-a**ed project on the road early due to hype. The new Camaro is a solid, good looking, and surprisingly efficient car (which is ridiculous that it even has to be an issue, I hate MPG's :jester:). It also sucks that GM okayed the Z28 which has the 556 HP LSA motor, but is scared to build it due to the possible negative press it may receive during this green movement, and the loan from the PEOPLE.

Good points, they are (a few years) late to the party, exacerbated by the terrible economy right now. I like the exterior, the interior didn't feel completely at home, maybe it will grow on me. Pricing and performance is pretty impressive I think. I have no idea what or when my next car will be, but I still think it's pretty cool we have a Camaro to compete with Mustang and Challenger. I hope they all succeed!

Bruce

The interior is HORRIBLE IMO. Looks like a Fisher Price toy.

To little to late IMO.

To bad to.

The rear suspension is the same setup as my G8...

It's a great setup too. :thumbsup:

That's just tradition. Even the Vette is always knocked for it's crap GM plastic interior and Cavilier steering wheel.

That's the SAME tradition that got them where they are...

I have to sit in my car and stare at the interior... I want it to look nice. Not like a Fisher Price toy.

Chris

I hate that GM uses a parts bin steering wheel in the Vette, but I think the C6 interior is actually quite appealing for a sports car. I've seen the interior in just about every car made, and can confidently say there's much worse out there than the Corvette's. There was actually a study taken with an alarming number of Porsche owners dumping their rides for Corvettes!

It's not tradition, it's just wrong info. The Corvette does not currently use a parts bin steering wheel, nor does my C5. There is some parts sharing going on though and I'm okay with that. The new Camaro interior just leaves me a little flat, but some people love it.

Bruce

It's not tradition, it's just wrong info. The Corvette does not currently use a parts bin steering wheel, nor does my C5. There is some parts sharing going on though and I'm okay with that. The new Camaro interior just leaves me a little flat, but some people love it.

Bruce

Not to argue with you at all Bruce but my 08 Vette does have a parts bin steering wheel. I beleive they put it in Cobalts and I know Malibus. My previous 05 Vette had a Corvette specific steering wheel. When I buy a Corvette I don't want the same steering wheel that's in my mom's Malibu. I understand there needs to be parts sharing for costs but it's a special vehicle and needs its own steering wheel.

Not to argue with you at all Bruce but my 08 Vette does have a parts bin steering wheel. I beleive they put it in Cobalts and I know Malibus. My previous 05 Vette had a Corvette specific steering wheel. When I buy a Corvette I don't want the same steering wheel that's in my mom's Malibu. I understand there needs to be parts sharing for costs but it's a special vehicle and needs its own steering wheel.

Like I said, wrong info - on my part I guess. My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Bruce

I love the new Camaro and think the interior is kinda neat too. Can't wait to see one in real life. I'm trying to see if I can work an angle to get enough money for a down payment on one in the next 6-9 months. I'm going to have to detail a lot of cars haha :pc:

im not that big of a fan of the new camaro unfortunatly.... the 2 more recent ones i was a fan of was the 02 SS SLP package, and the 94 SS idk y but thsoe two r just my favorite... and obviously the older ones like 69 SS, the z28 split bumpers etc;